Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Something's wrong with my CLUTCH help !!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something's wrong with my CLUTCH help !!!!!!

I was riding as usual on the highway(on 6th gear)when my katana suddenly came down to iddle rpm. but even the gear box seemed to be on neutral BUT I WAS IN 6TH GEAR ! So I pulled my clutch lever and surprise! No more tension in my lever, the lever was really loose but my cable is good. So I decided to verify it myself. Behind the clutch cover, the 14 disks bloc(with the 4 springs) was loose and I was able to pull the bloc as you can see in the pic. Is it normal that the clutch bloc can be removed as the pic without any tools and just removing the cluth cover?
    Attached Files
    Insane

I said whats good -SHE said not much
    I said guess what? -SHE said whats up
    I said i think we should hook up -SHE said uhh
    I said what? SHE said but
    I said but? why you stuck? -SHE said f**k
    I said who? -SHE said not you
    I said then who? -SHE said you know
    I know what? -YOU know who
    I said i do? -SHE said you do

NO!
    Bad news I think.. From what I can see you broke the clutch hub some how.. That is the plate at the bottom of the stack, farthest into the engine.. Very weird..

Comment

Umm you need the basket. The part with the 4 bolts is not suppose to be connected. You will have to replace that basket. It is very easy to do. I know you are in Canada but PM me your number I will call you and tell you how to get that part out.
      It is rather simple.

You will have to wiggle that part a little bit and pull the silver sleeve out. It has a felxiable rolling baearings slid over top of it. Once you have that part out you can then slide the basket out . Now you need to put those plates in oil til you get the new basket in. This will keep them lubed up so they will not stick on you. Also you need to order 4 new bolts that hold the front release plate on. They are stretched out. When putting the new ones in just put them down snug. If you put them to torque specs you will break the head off. Torque is on 5inch pounds on them. Like I said if you run into any problems shoot me you number in a pm.
      www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Okai, thanks guys for help!!! I found the problem. Behind the first plate (not a clutch pad or disk), the first one that that keeps all the disk together. Behind that plate(after taking off the 4 bolts/springs, there is the main nut of the clutch. This nut unscrewed itself while riding(my main problem). BUT now the nut screwed correctly, when i start the engine, it makes a big noise. LIke a tac-a-tac-a-tac-a-tac as fast as the motor rpm. I don't know why! The only thing i did is to install back the clutch screwind the main bolt! What is THAT!!!!! Enyone have ideas? Advices?
        Insane

Comment

OK obvious question first..
          You refilled it with oil right??

OK
          Maybe a piece of something fell out? Check the parts against the fiche and make sure you have all of them

Comment

You could have lost a part down into the oil pan. You can take that side cover off with out loosing any real amount oil BP. However you can slide small parts down into the oil pan when are in there. I would still replace the whole basket. Since that nut came off it more than likely screwed up the basket.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020
              You can take that side cover off with out loosing any real amount oil BP.
              I don't anderstand what you mean HS2020. The basket is not broken. Nothing is broken. Everything is in good condition. And yes BP, I put OIL in it. I really don't know. I'll start by checking the oil pan. Guys, maybe I screwed the main bolt too tight ? I did it with an impact. But didn't oversrewed it for sure(My mechanic did it). I'm very annoyed.
              Insane

Comment

I was gonna say that. The only thing that holds it all together is a large nut. You should have a washer bent around that to stop it from unscrewing itself. I really don't know how that is possible. When you put it back together make sure you bend the clutch hub sleeve washer up you that nut can't come off again.

Comment

So it seems i broke the gear generator behind the basket clutch. I didn't make sure to align the gear generator the oil pump gear. GEAR GENERATOR NEEDED BUT I CAN'T FIND IT AND OIL PUMP GEAR NEEDED TOO. I can't find them at used part stores and at suzuki they worth 200$ and 60$. Too Expensive! At this price my bike will stay in garage. Anyone could find these parts for less expensive than that ? I live in canada. Thanks everyones !
                  Insane

Comment

Anyone would be able to help me ? please !
                    Insane

Comment

Working...