No announcement yet.
X

threw a rod?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the starter is going bad. I know in my car, when they starter is going bad, sometimes it wont start at all and then sometimes it just magically start. After a time, I found out that if you knock it with something like a iron rod or similar object to jerk it, it will start. That is how you know your starter is going bad and how to keep riding until you get it fixed.
    Roops Photography|facebook|
    03 GSXR 1000
    04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
    Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Originally posted by linix
      Hey guys I dont know what it was.
      But I changed the oil and tried to unscrew the starter clutch bolt and after I put everything together the bike started as it never happened before. So I am a happy camper now. Just need to put fairings back and will take for a ride tomorow.Thanks for your support and replies guys.
      Good times.
      What do you mean you 'tried' to unscrew it...??
      Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
      18v Rigid Drill
      Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
      New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Originally posted by reconstyle
        Originally posted by linix
        Hey guys I dont know what it was.
        But I changed the oil and tried to unscrew the starter clutch bolt and after I put everything together the bike started as it never happened before. So I am a happy camper now. Just need to put fairings back and will take for a ride tomorow.Thanks for your support and replies guys.
        Good times.
        What do you mean you 'tried' to unscrew it...??
        I think he means couldn't undo it, put the cover back on.... and got lucky.

Sounds like a locked starter clutch that you've managed to free up when trying to undo the nut. If that's the case it won't go away - it will happen again.

Comment

Working...
        X