buzzing / rattling around 4500RPM ,2001 750F

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzzing / rattling around 4500RPM ,2001 750F

Hi all !

i own GSX750F 2001 for 8years, for some years i hear strange buzzing / rattling noise from front part of bike, (it sounds like vibration metal to metal) it has high frequency and appear only about 4500RPM, sometimes around 6000RPM. I can simulate it stand still, i sked my GF hear and try locate and meanwhile i simulated the noise, she told me it looks the source is bottom front part of bike, like it comming from the part where downpipe connect to the exhaust ... i inspected the connection of downpipe and exhaust but i was not find nothing wrong here, there is also original sealing and bolt, i also dont find anything loosen on bottom firing or exhaust. When i drive i can hear it like from front part of bike, the noise is present also when neutral but louder when in gear. Here is a video you can hear it on beginning (0:02) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWy2ymTYt7A i reccomend headphones as it is not easy to hear it but it is there. I will try record when stand still this week. The bike starting well, performing excellent, no smoking and has good fuel consumption (6,5 L /100km). So i dont think somethig is damaged in engine, especially once i have this noise for years and it is still same but bike run smooth. Also last time when i cut off engine when arriving at home i heard that sprocket and chain was noisy, like hum also when im moving with bike the chain making clicking sound, when i tried rotate with wheel it looks that chain also moved side to side little bit, it definetly not moving smooth / freely .. but i measured freeplay and it looks ok, i can push on chain and the play is 2-3cm when on center stand). When i simulating the noise stand still on neutral i noticed that nut on the gear shifting lever was loosen and when i raise RPM the nut rotates freely ! so i just tightened the nut but noise did not dissapeared with that.

I heard noises around these RPMs are known for oil cooled suzuki and often valve clearances and carburator sync help, but before i will dig in and remove valve cover i would like ask here for opinions as maybe it is not needed open valve cover etc.

Below i will mention what i did check.

Fairings and its bolts, windscreen (i touched /pushed while driving and sound does not disappear), i tried ride without bottom firing but this did not helped
    I remoevd downpipes and replace sealing, did check exhaust and replaced with spare one (when i shake with both exhaust, it sound like there is few pieces of sand, dont know what it is but same for two original exhaust)
    Check of exhaust mounting.
    Check of clutch basket and springs.
    Check of main stand and try ride without it
    Check of gas tank bolts and make sure there is rubber under them
    Adjust Chain and check the adjusting marks on both side

Below planning possible causes (found here or on the internet), please correct me or add tips how check this if you can:

Gas cap
    Clutch lever bolt
    Speedo, tachometer (something inside)
    Plastic fairing around tachometer
    Support bar (torque arm) of rear brake caliper (the front upper end is loose even the bolt is tightened at max !! , dunno if this is by design or not)
    gear lever
    horn bracket

Please help im annoyed as in past the sound was not here, but now it ruin my ride
    Last edited by filda921; 06-17-2024, 05:32 AM.
Working...
X