Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Moose chain scrubbers no longer available? Any others?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moose chain scrubbers no longer available? Any others?

It seems that the Moose chain scrubbers have been discontinued. Anyone know of an on-line store that might still have them? If not, how about a similar product?

--jc

You may want to check out a "Grunge Brush" http://www.finishlineusa.com/products/grunge-brush.htm

Comment

You can try here. Not sure if they still have them in stock or not. That's an older bookmark.
      Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
      -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
      -Terence

Comment

Yup, the grunge brush works nicely.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
          You can try here. Not sure if they still have them in stock or not. That's an older bookmark.
          Yah, that was the first place I tried. Of course, their website doesn't *tell* you they're out of stock or discontinued. I got an email saying my order was canceled, and to try their newer (and fuglier) website.

Ah well, guess the Grunge Brush will be the winnder.

Comment

Yeah...they're new site lists a moose chain scrubber. But, based on the item number, it's for a 520 only. The item description doesn't say that, of course.
            -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Moose still lists it in their 2007 catalog, so it should still be available at retailers. I found it at only one place, though: http://www.spyderracing.com/Chain-Sc...in-p/m8521.htm.
              -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder
                Moose still lists it in their 2007 catalog, so it should still be available at retailers. I found it at only one place, though: http://www.spyderracing.com/Chain-Sc...in-p/m8521.htm.
                Yea, and it looks like you're need a can of personal chain lubricant after you look at their shipping rates. $12.95 for UPS? I don't think so.

I'll do without before getting screwed over by companies who think shipping is a profit center.

Thanks for the link, though.

Comment

Why the hate? $12.95 is reasonable considering the size and weight of the package (scrubber and 16oz bottle of solution). Plus there is the cost of shipping materials. They really are not making money on shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                    Why the hate? $12.95 is reasonable considering the size and weight of the package (scrubber and 16oz bottle of solution). Plus there is the cost of shipping materials. They really are not making money on shipping.

It looks like it would fit in a flat rate USPS Priority Mail box for $4.95.

At any rate, I tried to buy a Moose chain scrubber at a local shop and they acted like I was a moron.

"What do you want that for? You can just clean them with a wire brush and Kerosene."
                    "I've never even heard of one of those things!"

Let's see kerosene and a wire brush OR this little nylon doo-dad and some degreaser? To me that sounds like an easy call!
                    -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
                    -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                      Because if azmotorsports (or whatever it was) still had it, shipping was $6.95. Which I considered reasonable, given it's weight. As someone who has shipped a lot of items, customers (on the whole) would rather pay a little more for an item and not feel like they're getting raped on shipping, rather than paying less, then getting screwed to the wall on shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
                        Yup, the grunge brush works nicely.
                        also what I use, got it for like 9bux at the local shop

Comment

Originally posted by mharrison
                          At any rate, I tried to buy a Moose chain scrubber at a local shop and they acted like I was a moron.

"What do you want that for? You can just clean them with a wire brush and Kerosene."
                          "I've never even heard of one of those things!"

Let's see kerosene and a wire brush OR this little nylon doo-dad and some degreaser? To me that sounds like an easy call!
                          Go to show how stupid some stealership folks are. Guess they've never heard of an o-ring chain and how wire brushes can tear up the o-rings.
                          -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

The sad thing is, this isn't a stealership. It's a Mom & Pops repair shop. (I have to admit though, that most of their business is dirt bikes.)

Maybe they're hoping to sell some chains
                            -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
                            -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Working...
                            X