No announcement yet.
X

Lost the speedometer ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock, and original, sprocket and chain.
    - Beave

1998 Katana 600 - Traded
    2005 F4i -

Comment

Hrm.. My sprocket cover has almost the same cracks in it. My friend wondered why I was doing 80mph when I thought I was going 60. Would that also explain why my trip meter only shows .7 miles for every 1 mile that I ride?

Comment

WOW that is a strange break!!

Comment

they are not suppose to touch they are just in close proximity. the sensor reads off the nut on the end of the sprocket. if something gets into the nut it can and will crack your cover.
          your suzuki qualified tech

flinstone little block mod

Comment

Should the sensor have been difficult to remove from the sprocket cover? I had to use a screwdriver to get it loose enough to come out, but it slid back in easily.

Comment

if it was damaged and hit the sprocket it could have twisted and forced its self into the metal. its made of plasticso if this happens it will break instead of anything else in there

Comment

OK, got that issue fixed. The bolt holding the speed rotor in place was so loose that it would have fallen off it if weren't for the speed sensor holding it in place. Odometer is reading accurately, speedometer hopefully is and the needle on the speedo isn't jumping around all over the gauge. Thanks guys.

Comment

thats what we are here for.

Comment

Working...
                  X