X

Interesting Centerstand 'Problem'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Centerstand 'Problem'

I have a Pre 98 Kat 600, which of course does not come with a centerstand.

But to extend my touring capabilities, I bought and installed one.

Here's the funny part

I have a Bandit shock on the rear to replace the worn stock one, which raises the seat when riding as a side effect (albeit a good one). But in turn, when on the centerstand, the rear wheel actually does not lift off of the ground, but can only barely turn with the hand....

Your opinions?

well, the means that most of the weight is off the rear wheel, which is good I guess. It's a lot more stable than the side stand, that's for sure.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

+1 to recon..

I installed the GSXR (2004) shock and the center stand cleared the ground by 3/8 inch...

Comment

Same thing when I put on the GSXR11 shock . I could still turn the wheel , though it drug the ground .
        Back the bike up to a low spot or hang the rear off a curb to get it ALL the way in the air if you need to . Either that , or carry a little chunk of wood you can stick under the stand .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

t-rex racing stand

like 50bux off ebay

Comment

I've actually read about some bikes that come factory with a center stand that leaves the wheel on the ground. I don't see it being a problem unless the shock is actually hitting the stand.
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
              I've actually read about some bikes that come factory with a center stand that leaves the wheel on the ground. I don't see it being a problem unless the shock is actually hitting the stand.
              The famous BMW "ride off center stand" I believe...
              I think Steves is right on here. One thing to remember about pit stands is that while they allow you to remove the rear wheel, that is where it ends.
              Only a center stand or a service jack will allow rear end disassembly.

I removed my center stand and while I still support the decision (for looks) I want to design a stand that does the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                Originally posted by steves
                The famous BMW "ride off center stand" I believe...
                I think Steves is right on here. One thing to remember about pit stands is that while they allow you to remove the rear wheel, that is where it ends.
                Only a center stand or a service jack will allow rear end disassembly.

I removed my center stand and while I still support the decision (for looks) I want to design a stand that does the same thing.
                Like the frame pivot stands I've seen?
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                X