X

Idle Issues? Full exhaust and Jet kit.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steves
    FYI, Maple Syrup does not make a good fuel stabilizer when one stores the bike for an extended period of time. Did you get that tip from a canuk?

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
      Originally posted by steves
      FYI, Maple Syrup does not make a good fuel stabilizer when one stores the bike for an extended period of time. Did you get that tip from a canuk?
      You said carb cleaning in 2008... I just assumed that meant when you got back to the rat kat...
      -Steve

sigpic
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
      Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yes, thats right.. I'm just missing where the maple syrup came in.. Being from Tejas I dropped a few habaneros in the tank...

Thanks for checking though!!

Comment

Yes, thats right.. I'm just missing where the maple syrup came in.. Being from Tejas I dropped a few habaneros in the tank...

Thanks for checking though!!
          Gummy... sticky... maple syrup get it? I'm here all week folks... and remember the 11 o'clock show completely different from the 8 o'clock show...
          -Steve

sigpic

Comment

yeah so i drained out my gas tank and maple syrup came out. An then i adjusted my a/f screw to 3.25 turns put in some new gas and went for a ride. runs better than ever. I guess the last guy must have used it for a stabilizer. who would have thought? i wonder if 3.125 or 3.75 would be bettter than 3.25. Guess ill pull the carbs 3 or 4 more times and find out. Problem solved. Thanks for all (most) of the new posts. Mike Hey by the way how much do you think i could get for a 1997 kat 600 4000 miles with brand new pirelle tires; cleaned; polished and por 15 heat paint full exhaust and a jet kit. excelent condition needs nothing. in RI

Comment

Ill give you $400 for it!!!!!

Comment

However I would put Md in my list of most knowledgeable carb people.
                Thanks , buddy . Now if only I could get MINE to run right .......
                Lastly I will respectfully disagree with Md on the use of a wire bristle in cleaning carbs.
                I like to just yank ONE bristle off the brush , and poke through the holes near the pilot screw and the jets . The one bristle is MUCH smaller than the holes , and risk of marring the metal , I think , is quite low .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

well it seems like the kat 600 doesn't have a lot of power. My last bike was a 99 honda cbr 600 f4, and the one before that was a 2002 zx6r. Are all kat 600 this slow or just mine?

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyt073
                    well it seems like the kat 600 doesn't have a lot of power. My last bike was a 99 honda cbr 600 f4, and the one before that was a 2002 zx6r. Are all kat 600 this slow or just mine?
                    You are comparing two replica race bikes (fuel injected?) to a carb'd sport touring bike. The Katana is not a faster bike than either of those.
                    -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Well remember the engine is a 1987 600..
                      So to compare it to a 99/02 600 ??
                      Not gonna be favorable..

Comment

Working...
                      X