No announcement yet.
X

Runnin a bit rich.. solution is...????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You WILL be able to tell if it's pulling harder or softer , though .....
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

any updates stabmaster? get it working right? what have you tried?

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

thanks for your interest barmatt

i had to MOVE this weekend, so i'm a bit behind on my bike-screwing-with-ness

I've jumped on it and ridden it around a couple of times with 130's and the air needles adjusted on the 5th notch from the top (the bottom notch).

With the former setup and 140's, it was obviously rich, BUT it felt FABULOUS.

with this setup, it is obviously lean in some spots, and it feels pretty darn good.

So... I'm thinking about using my clear spark plug. I shall take notes to determine the combustion color when cold, and hot, and then adjust the needle and do the same. I will do this with the 130's and 140s.. and perhaps get ahold of 134's.

Once i have it all on paper, in front of me (and hopefully you guys), i will take it to the next level..

I hope this sounds like a reasonable plan.

Comment

well.. it feels like the bike is running right...

...but i rode it around awhile and it took about a half a tank to go about 25 miles...

so that's it i'm putting the stock airbox on..

Comment

Working...
          X