X

cam timing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cam timing

To set the cam timing, one of the main steps is to line up the T mark on the signal generator rotor. Well I sold the stock rotor, and I'm getting a 5 degree ignition advancer. Now I'm goona have to set the timing because the engine is being completly rebuilt. Can I set the timing with an ignition advancer?

Depending on who makes your ignition advancer, the after market ones come with a timing mark on them, which I have read are as accurate as the stock ones.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

so a factory pro ignition advancer will have a timing mark on it?

Comment

Yep mine does and it's a factory pro.
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Yeah , I got a Factorypro one ( I think) , and it's got the timing mark on it . Of course , the notches in the cams will help , too . I just get mine close by the timing mark , then use the notches to be SURE it's where I want it .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have the Vance & Hines advancer so I don't know about the Factory Pro one, but mine has a line on it between the "T" and the little peak on the outside of it. You can see it in this picture inside the green circle.

The line is what you want to line up for your timing to be correct. I have compared my advancer to my stock rotor and the lines are in the same spot.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
            who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Yeah Greg , that's what mine looks like . Dunno WHY I thought "Factorypro" .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

The factory pro one looks EXACTLY like that one except for it's gold in color.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                18v Rigid Drill

Comment

Working...
                X