X

pre 98 750 carbs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre 98 750 carbs

should the 2 fuel lines that split from the 1 line off the tank and go to either side of the carbs (pre98 750) be the same length? Mine are not and it looks odd to me. It makes sense to me that they should be the same length, but I really don't know if it makes a difference?

www.SOARacing.ca

make no difference.. the key is no kinks..

Comment

let me offer a better description on the setup of the bike. hopefully this will make some sense.

1988 Kat 600 bike
      The 88 600 fuelcock only has one fuel line coming from it. Apparently 89 & up has 2 (i only just learned this)

The single line from the fuel cock has a Y connector with the 2 lines going to either side of the pre 98 750 carbs (not entirely sure what year the carbs are from). The fuel line that is furthest away from the fuel cock is longer than the one that is closer. It also seems to me (not entirely sure as I have only ran the bike for a few minutes really) that the 2 cylinders that are drawing fuel from the longer line are not firing as frequently as they should be. I'm wondering if the line that is longer is not getting the appropriate amnt of gas to the carbs as it should be as the shorter line is drawing the gas first. Am I way off base here or does that sound logical to anyone?

The motor is a gsxr750. Before i start f'n with jets, I'd like to know that my fuel line setup is the way it should be. Any thoughts?

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Sounds fine to me. My 93 has the two outlets from the petcock, and one hose is much shorter than the other. If they were the same length the hose for carbs 1&2 would have to be wound around somewhere under there possibly messing up the gravity feed of the fuel.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Oh!!!!! such a minor detail.. such a big difference.

The 750 had two lines coming from the petcock.
          No "Y".. I'm not sure why they changed this.
          One can only guess that it was for consumption reasons. I suggest you get a hold of some clear fuel line. Then you can tell if it is flow or not.. Also get in touch with Big Bike-r he put a he has a 750 with only one line from the tank.. see how his goes.

Comment

just draggin the nets to see if I can catch any further opinions on this...

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Get a petcock with 2 outlets .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                Get a petcock with 2 outlets .
                that would be too easy

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

What can I say , I look for the "easy out" . I'm lazy .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I would make the same suggestion, just get a fuel cock with two fuel lines.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic13
                      I would make the same suggestion, just get a fuel cock with two fuel lines.
                      but get the katana one..
                      I was just checking what I nice one from pingel costs!!
                      $100

Comment

I have a single petcock outlet on my '91 750 kat. I tee'd the line to both carb connections. The fuel line are not equal length after the T. It runs fine!
                        "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaJim
                          I have a single petcock outlet on my '91 750 kat. I tee'd the line to both carb connections. The fuel line are not equal length after the T. It runs fine!
                          thanks for the info ....any chance you can get me a pic of the fuel lines.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

sorry, I just dont have the time to get pix. perhaps I can talk you through it, what do you need to know?
                            Remember, there is a "suction" component to this, as well. The carbs dont only count on a "downhill" path, thats why its not as important that the length be the same. Although it wouldnt hurt to get them as close as space will permit.
                            "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

no worries about the pics. I'm pretty sure I'll be ok, if yours came stock like that. One question though is the single fuel line(from petcock to Y) the same size line as the other 2?

I now think my lines are ok, and am pretty sure it has got to do with the jetting...i just havn't done enough research on the jets and how they work yet.

cheers

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
                              X