X

Hesitation problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hesitation problem

I just bought my Kat a couple weeks ago and it ran fine but I went to start it today and it bogs/hesitates at idle and lower rpms while riding.
    Could I have fouled the plugs? I'm kind of leaning in that direction because I was reving it up with the choke out the other day (newb mistake) since I couldn't wait to ride. I was like a little kid with a new toy, lol.
    Isn't there a proper way to start it hot and cold?
    Also, what plugs do I need and whats the steps to changing the plugs?
    I got to get it done by Weds. because I have an appt. to take the riding portion of my test. Thanks.
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

I think the correct plug is NGK (maker) DR8ES (plug part #). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

You will need to remove the tank for this, however it's only 2 bolts on the back under the seat and the 2 bolts on the high front side of the fairings right next to the tank. Pull the tank back and turn to the side a bit. Make sure you don't rip any of the 3 gas tank hoses loose, isn't a lot of slop there. Make sure you don't lose the long rubber piece where the front of the tank slides onto the frame mount. Otherwise the tank will rattle. Should be able to reach all 4 plugs without doing anything weird other than move plug wires around. I did all 4 of mine and had the tank removed and back on in 20 minutes.

Comment

Can I get the plugs at Autozone?
      96 Katana 600
      97 4 door Blazer LT
      03 Honda Pilot EXL
      sigpic

Comment

I highly doubt it. I couldn't around here at least and had to go to the dealership.
        Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
        http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
        http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

I picked some champion 809 plugs up at Autozone. They said they would work in place of the NGKs. We'll see I guess.
          96 Katana 600
          97 4 door Blazer LT
          03 Honda Pilot EXL
          sigpic

Comment

Oooooh , good luck there ......
            I usually call Ky Motors to get mine . They don't keep them in stock , but can have them the next day . ALOT of places are that way .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Anybody run the Champion 809 in there bike?
              96 Katana 600
              97 4 door Blazer LT
              03 Honda Pilot EXL
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X