No announcement yet.
X

poor mans ignition advancer question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bringing up a possibly dead post, but I need help with my ignition advancer...how does one get it off? I'm trying to loosen the allen bolt in the center, but the whole thing just rotates. I'm assuming you have to take it off to do the self-made ignition advance? If not, I don't see how to enlarge the holes in the backing plate. Any ideas?
    1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

motorcycleanchor.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, motorcycleanchor.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

to take the allen bolt off you need to take off the starter gear cover and hold the other side under the starter gear cover with a wrench. That will stop it from rotating when you turn the allen bolt.

Comment

Thanks for your help guys...I was beginning to think it was all one piece! Now I just feel a little... .
          1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

I used my 19mm wrench to hold the nut while I loosened the allen bolt..very simple.
            Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

Working...
            X