X

Front Sprocket Removal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Sprocket Removal

I just can't get this off... There is an allen screw that holds on some kinda odd looking washer or whatever on... It looks like a square washer, but only has four corners. I tried to get the allen screw out, no luck.. I tried again w/ a little more efforts, then I hear a snap. Just not the usual snap you hear when you bust loose a tight nut/bolt. I think it stripped the allen screw.. $#%&*! ... This can't be happening to me now. It's the last thing I have to take off.. !!!

I'm not sure what size the allen screw is ?? help..

Where can I find a web page/link that has 05' Kat 600's torque settings, and bolt sizes.. ?

I've been in here (my office) on the web for 2.5 hours and nothing.. I'm really frustrated. I'm about to put my bike back together and just say screw it..

Bike : 05' Kat 600
    Problem : Can't get front sprocket off
    Need : Torque settings for bike

Just found out what the square thing is. it's the "Speed Sensor Rotor"..

After 3hrs of searching. uuhhgg.. Well back to the garage to strip more bolts..

Comment

Sorry..
      Did you look up the fiche?
      At bikebandit.com or ronayers.com?

Comment

Its a 6mm hex screw, shouldn't be on there that that tight...I don't think there is a torque spec for that bolt, but there is a manual in the how to section, that has a bunch of torque specs for the bike, there is also a how to on how to change out your sprockets, that may help as well.
        Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
        18v Rigid Drill
        Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
        New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

This link should really help you if you run into problems.....
          http://katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24530 Reconstyle just sent this to me today. Its very helpful. Thanks

Comment

Thanks guys for all the info.. REALLY helped me out.. !!

I went back out and ripped off all the plastic on my bike and got the sprocket off. !! score..!!

I knew I saw that thread on the chain and sprocket, just couldn't find it.. I guess I didn't take the time to look thru all the threads, as I was dirty and panicing.. (favorited that thread)..

Just got back from the Home-Depot and bought JB-Weld and screens and some paint. Figured might as well do one more upgrade while I'm waiting for the sprockets/chain.. going to do the screen mesh look on the plastics. I like that look..

Just wanted to thank you all again for the info here on KR.. Since I found KR my bike is starting to kick @$$.. Wallet a bit lighter, but well worth it..

When I put her all back together I'll have my girl take some pics and i'll up them.

Comment

Working...
            X