X

cleaning spark plugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning spark plugs

was able to use a hobby sand blaster to clean the plugs that were fowled instead of having to go buy new one came out like brand new bike start right up after reinstalling just make sure you get all the sand off from around electrode before putting them back in the bike
    it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
    Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

I usually scrape the carbon with a pocket knife and hit them with a wire brush I keep in my toolkit . Usually works well for me . I've probably gone through and cleaned more plugs in one year than most will see during the life of their bike .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Carb cleaner in an aerosol can works wonders for cleaning fouled plugs too.
      2000 Katana 600
      2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

I just buy new ones....come on...there like $2 each. lol
        Keep right except to pass!
        myspace.com/brianlmullins

Comment

Where YOU gettin $2 plugs ? Mine are usually like $4-$5 from Ky Motors , and they have to move them from the warehouse to the store , so I gotta make 2 seperate trips .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Yeah really...

Plus even at $2 a plug you'd be spending some dosh..

Comment

You guys are crazy... What the hell are you putting in your bikes? Gold plated plugs? Go to Auto Zone. Here is the info: NGK DR8ES stock number 3961 $1.79each. LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by CANATUNA
                You guys are crazy... What the hell are you putting in your bikes? Gold plated plugs? Go to Auto Zone. Here is the info: NGK DR8ES stock number 3961 $1.79each. LMAO
                Those are the standard plugs for the 600 pre. Newer bikes and 750's are more expensive. The iridium plugs cost more, too.
                1994 Naked Katana 600
                Search KatRiders with Google | SEO Firefox Extension | New SUSE Linux Users | My Motorcycle Blog

Comment

plugs

Well....I did do some more research and it seams that the pre 98" 600cc are the cheap ones. Those are the ones that I had so I was going off of that. So.....I guess...go buy an old 600cc Kat?

Comment

try 15.99 each plug is the cheapest I can get for the katana with 2 posts one on each side of then electrode
                    it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
                    Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

Originally posted by ghelper
                      try 15.99 each plug is the cheapest I can get for the katana with 2 posts one on each side of then electrode
                      CyberPoet has the plugs for the bike in your profile for $24-$28 for a set of 4. I guess the standard has the dual ground and the iridium has the single ground.

EDIT: I bet you were talking Canadian $
                      1994 Naked Katana 600
                      Search KatRiders with Google | SEO Firefox Extension | New SUSE Linux Users | My Motorcycle Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Damian

EDIT: I bet you were talking Canadian $
                        I don't think 15.99 CDN =5 USD..
                        That's like the Jamaican exchange rate..

Comment

lmao

Comment

Working...
                          X