X

clutch isnt engaging!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch isnt engaging!!

Last weekend I my chain came off and broke the clutch pushrod. I bought a new one and a new seal that the pushrod goes through and installed them when I installed my new chain and sprockets. Now when I put it in gear and pull the clutch in its as though the clutch isnt engaging. I adjusted the clutch the way Jimmy says to do in the How-To section, but no help. The clutch feels right, butdoesnt seem to engage when its in gear!! Any suggestions anybody????

Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
    Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

PM me your number and I can talk you through just to make sure you have everything done right. Kinda hard to read something and do it with out pictures to help go by sometimes.
    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

And Jimmie's KR kontact list grows longer .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Comment

you sure you got the right pushrod? It doesnt do a lot - maybe the actuator got damaged at the same time?
          97 Katana 600
          [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Id like to hear what ends up resolving this issue, please post it once you have it figured out.
            I need fairings, good condition. If you have please PM or email offer. Shipping is to Jacksonville FL, 32223

Comment

I have had this problem in the past. What I did was pull the clutch cable back off and reinstall completely for a second time. Really weird, but it worked. I give you high appraise to the bike. The red and black color scheme is great. When I'm done with my bike I have something you may want to try. I will post pics and make sure I explain it. It makes a hell of a difference.
              Some people grow big and tall and some stay the same... My 600 grew 527cc's by high school and stayed the same size. He use to get bullied by a few people:

Jigzer and Shrad were brothers
              Charlie Brown Rodjers also known as CBR
              Kall Asaki from Japan

I'm not a racer but at a stop light Jigzer pulled up and so did Shrad. They reved their engines....
              The light changes to green light so we ride...
              Then they read my license plate and it says
              " KATchup "

Comment

Well after talking to Jimmy and going back through everything I done it seems the clutch cable is stretched out. I finally got it adjusted out to where it works now, but i'm ordering a new one from BraadaJim. Can't say enough about the help Jimmy give and for him to take time to call me and help me out I have the upmost respect for him!!

Thanks DDMGraphix, if you dont mind, PM me what you was talking about I might want to try.
                Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
                Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X