No announcement yet.
X

Chain not staying tight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

great!! Had my stuff in a week. Payed for it friday evening and they shipped it the following Tuesday with UPS and I receivd it that Friday afternoon. Everything was packaged seperatly. The chain looks awsome on my bike. Would have liked to have one of these sprockets in the black and red though!!!
    Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul!!!
    Drop a knee,drop a gear, just don't drop the bike!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by md86
      You COULD mark the chain aligner deals with a pencil or something to make SURE the axle ain't pulling forward on you . If it ain't , and the chain's still getting loose , yeah , new chain . And sprockets while you're in there . I'll do it for a new tool (my choice) and some pizza if you wanna come down .

well then tell me where im riding

Comment

Zip code 41035?
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves
          Zip code 41035?
          lol, probably got it the first time. but they always say 4th time the charm right.

Comment

Dear mods, please clean up this thread.

Thanks,
            Steve
            NO!! you must live with your shame!!

Comment

Originally posted by skasner
              wow, if your busa goes through 2 chains a year i'm afraid to ask how many rear tires it eats.
              You really don't want to know.
              Torque is a beautiful thing, but with all beautiful things they come with a price
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                Dear mods, please clean up this thread.

Thanks,
                Steve
                NO!! you must live with your shame!!

sigpic

Comment

You guys must be crazy....

-Steve

sigpic

Comment

well steves, i just may take the trip....you may be sad you offered.... thats not that far from me. especially on the kat

Comment

Originally posted by phlash
                      well steves, i just may take the trip....you may be sad you offered.... thats not that far from me. especially on the kat
                      I'm not going to be sad.... And I'm sure MD will be happy at the prospect of a new tool of his choice. How much does a D!ck Cheney go for these days anyway?
                      -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by phlash
                        I'm not going to be sad.... And I'm sure MD will be happy at the prospect of a new tool of his choice. How much does a D!ck Cheney go for these days anyway?
                        Sure , bring the chain and sprockets , and I'll slap that bitch on there . Cost you some food (pizza ) and ..... what tool do I need right now ...... I'll think of something . I'll TRY to keep the cost low .
                        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I hate to start a new one when I have a question so closely related. A buddy and I just put a new chain and sprocket set on his bike (05 Kat – 750) because the old chain was really tight in one spot and loose pretty much everywhere else. With the new sprockets and chain it is still doing the same thing. Not quite as bad but still very noticeable. The rear axle nut is torqued to the specified torque setting, the rear axle does not appear to be bent, and the sprockets do not seem to be out of round to the naked eye. We can't think of anything else for the life of us that could be causing this problem. Any ideas?
                          2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
                          2008 GSXR 600

Comment

Well, for one, for you to hijack a thread, its got to be an active thread with discussion LOL Since the last post was back in March of this year, Its not a hijack.. Just shows us you have enough brains to use the search button :::Applause::::

Now, as for the chain.. Brand new out of the package I am assuming.

Have you riden yet on the chain to break it in a little?
                            Are you noticing the "tightness" in the area of the Master Link?

If no to the first question.. Go put a few miles on it first and see.
                            If yes to the second question, then you might have installed the master link too tightly and now its binding the chain. No biggie, just dremmel or grind out the installed Master, grab another from the stealership for like 2 bucks and install, Just not so tightly this time.
                            If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                            Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
                              Since the last post was back in March of this year............
                              Make that March of LAST year......
                              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Hi everybody,

I just found the same problem on my Kat (smooth... few inch... and tight !!).

I just want a know if somebody here already bought chain & sprokets from seller sledpartsguy on ebay (item 180269323026) ?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X