Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

friggin' gixxer carbs, filled my intakes with gas....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can replace just one float assembly if that is the problem. And you will know it is cause you will have fuel swishing around in the float!
    I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

When you are looking at them be careful not to pull them too high up or you will mess with the height, and that will cause all sorts of problems. Might not be a bad idea to find out what they are sposed to be set at and make sure they floats are at the right height while you have it apart. If it is a sticking float, tapping the bottom of the bowl with a screwdriver will fix the problem and get ya back running again.
      I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane

Comment

Originally posted by bigpapac
        If it is a sticking float, tapping the bottom of the bowl with a screwdriver will fix the problem and get ya back running again.
        SOMETIMES ! I had some rubber from something lodged in the needle seat causing mine to never fully close . So look in that area for junk . Pinholes will screw them up (can't float when there's no air in there ) . Would be better if you knew someone who could come over and have a good look-see ...
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I wish you were closer to me Takirb. I would be glad to help you get it running again. I have had my carbs apart plenty of times. This weekend however I will be packing up for my trip.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
          who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

thanks for the offer greg, it'd be cool to see your bike too. i think i can figure it out from the info i've read so far, i hope i find something anyways lol

thanks for the info ya'll, oh, and i'll try to snap a pic of the petcock indicator ring thing and post it to see if it's stock or not..

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
            "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

takirb
              1991 Katana 750 GSX F
              1990 Nissan 300ZX NA Stage III

1 have a 93 kat and a 91 Z stage III NA also. wolf pop charger, stillen short shifter, going for the TT rebuild. almost done. mabie at the end of next winter then we'll be selling it and buying another one. i love 300ZX there the sweetest. catback exhaust, with straight pipe sidecuts not used yet though, with also the stillen exhaust sytem
              ------------------------------------------------------
              Lean in Lean out.
              ------------------------------------------------------
              1993 GSX750F Katana SOLD
              2002 GSX750R Black. SOLD
              2000 TL1000RR silver, SOLD
              2000 yamaha R1 red katana

-------------------------------------------------------

Comment

i got a GReddy PE catback exhaust, K&N filter (diesel sized, no velocity stack, but a bit cheaper than JWT), Z1 Motorsports ECU, throttle-body bypass, TT rear sway bar, and a front strut brace. nothing fancy or fast, but she gets attention sometimes. i'll pm some pics this afternoon. i'd love to do the TT swap, but i don't think it'll ever happen. my best bet is having Z1 do it for $6K. yup, the Z is my dream car so i don't really see me getting rid of it unless i buy another

"If you ain't first, you're last..." - Ricky Bobby
                "Your stuck on an anger bridge man, you gotta cross the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore..." - Magic Man

Comment

Working...
                X