X

Lens replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens replacement

Does anyone know how to replace the front turn signal lenses without having to break the lens.i bought aftermarket clear lenses to replace the one i broke when the bike fell over.but i cant seem to get the lens off without a pair of pliers and some hard pulling. are they even meant to be replaced or do you replace the whole assembly.looks like they have the lenses glued into the housing.HELP

Think you're going to have to pull the fairings. On my 2000 the screws for the signal assembly are on the back side of the fairing.
    2000 Katana 600
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

i have the fairings off and the assembly out.that was the easy part i see 1 small screw on the back of the assembly but when i unscrew it and try to remove the lens it wont move.guess i'll just break the old lens out and use some type of superglue-epoxy-sticky type stuff to hold it in place.

Comment

Mine came right out with no probs when I swapped out the clear ones. That is weird.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

If they're not held in with screws, make sure you're checking for tabs. When I swapped mine, they cam with the case, so i just swapped the whole assembly. I don't remember how the lens was held on.
          Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
          -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
          -Terence

Comment

lens

on my 03 kat mine had 2 screws on the back and that's all you might have a some type of build up thats not freeing it up try using an alcohol soaked rag to clean arond the edges

Cheap and fast won't be reliable.
            Cheap and reliable won't be fast.
            Reliable and fast won't be cheap.

Comment

on the 06 models the lenses come stock clear, and from my experience i dont think the lens can be replaced in the above mentioned manners.i took out all the screws and there wasnt anything holding it on but some type of glue around the base of the lens.i just came up with a homemade lens replacement idea that involves epoxy sealant

Comment

Working...
              X