X

Buying a Used Katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a Used Katana

Quick question. I'm looking to buy my first bike, a Katana 600, and wanted to know if 14,000 miles is excessive for a bike. Specifically, I'm looking at a 1999 Katana. How many miles can I expect to get out of the bike? It appears to be well taken care of; however, I just don't want to buy something that's ready to fall apart.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

my 90 as 50,000+. I've heard of a guy that had over 100,000. And I think there's a guy here that has 60,000+ on his.

Long Live the D

Comment

WOW!!! I didn't realize that you could get that many miles out of a bike. No major problems?

Thanks for the info!

Comment

none yet. do the maintence like you should and you'll be fine. also, check this link by one of the guru's here.

Long Live the D

Comment

That's a great site. Thanks Again!!!

Comment

Marty, maybe take someone that knows bikes to look at it. Heck you could find one with 100 miles on it and get taken if ya dont know what to look and listen for. GOOD LUCK TO YA!!!
            This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
            BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

And I surely don't have a clue. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
              X