X

hp question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hp question

how much horse power does a 94 katana 750 have?
    p
    86 GSXR with 94 KATANA motor

always looking for good parts.

cute smileys and welcome to the site
    enjoy the search engine.
    to answer your question, i have no idea.
    What did the hand say to the face?... "Slap!"

Comment

crank hp, rwhp, dynojet hp? stock, modified?

You could likely find each and every one of those in a good search.

A pre-98 750 would likely put out between 75 and 90 horsepower stock, depending on the dyno, and atmospheric conditions.

A lightly modified one will put out between 85 and 100.

Supposedly a heavily modified motor can put out 130ish, but I've never seen one in action.

By all means, give the search a try. Most questions have already been answered. Welcome to the site!
      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Awesome and thanx for the warm welcome.
        this place seems to have a pretty descent search engine.
        ill see what i can find.
        86 GSXR with 94 KATANA motor

always looking for good parts.

Comment

Originally posted by GIXXstore
          ...this place seems to have a pretty decent search engine....
          Heavens, don't let anyone else know, we might start a riot...
          Live and Lean.
          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
          Romans 3:23

Comment

search engine? what is that? nice car by the way gixxstore
            '93 naked kat 600 (wrecked and sold)
            '82 v45 magna 750 (sold)
            '80 xj650 maxim
            "evil" '96 saturn sl2
            '90 toyota pickup (killed by farm implement)
            '94 toyota pickup 265000 miles and counting

http://www.katriders.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33006 my bike as it was

Comment

Pre 98 750's properly jetted with a full exhaust and K&N will get ya about 90-92 hp at the wheel.

Comment

Oh yeah ? MINE did that very IMPROPERLY jetted , AND with a misaligned chain . Someone I know has a STOCK 750 that dynod about 95 , too .... But then , dynos vary .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I know of at least a dozen people over at gixxer.com who had their 88/89 750 dyno'd at 95/97 hp with a full exhaust, properly jetted and better cams than a katana does. If someone had there stock katana dyno'd at 95 hp stock they are full of sh*t, I would love to see that dyno sheet. Post the dyno sheets of what you've run...

Comment

Originally posted by guy2600
                    If someone had there stock katana dyno'd at 95 hp stock they are full of sh*t, I would love to see that dyno sheet.
                    He never posted a dyno sheet , and is a bike mech who went to MMI , AND I've met the guy . I believe him . Said he bought the bike from an old man in Arizona who treated it well , had it dynoed , and it did mid-90's . Dunno what to tell you .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                      Originally posted by guy2600
                      If someone had there stock katana dyno'd at 95 hp stock they are full of sh*t, I would love to see that dyno sheet.
                      He never posted a dyno sheet , and is a bike mech who went to MMI , AND I've met the guy . I believe him . Said he bought the bike from an old man in Arizona who treated it well , had it dynoed , and it did mid-90's . Dunno what to tell you .
                      I know what to tell you...... all dynos are different. A bike that might dyno at 85 hp on one dyno might dyno at 95 hp on another.

For example....... if you dyno on a EC997 from factory pro, it will give you an unadjusted rear wheel hp number, with no correction factors at all...... if you take the same bike and slap it on a dynojet, it will try to correct for all kinds of things to give you a "crank" hp number, which will be far higher..... like 95 hp on a stock katana.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Working...
                      X