X

brake pedal height adjustment?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake pedal height adjustment?

is there more adjustment then just moving the actual pedal on the splined shaft? where i have it set right now is way to high... but if i put it to the next spline its way to far down.

any help?
    thanks
    mark

Not sure the 97 is the same as mine, but on my 93 the rear brake shaft going to the master cylinder has an adjustment on it. You will have to pull the rear tail fairing to see it.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

thanks i wasn't sure if that would just put more tension on the master or would acculy move the pedal though

Comment

That's how it's done.. It's a pain in the butt though.

Comment

Make sure to adjust your brake switch after your done.........I hated the height of mine too. Must of been designed for short people.

Comment

very short people... but i'm 6'5 so most people are short...

Comment

adjusted it... not to bad realy, more time involved in removing the fairing...

unfortanly i forgot about the freakin brake switch... the 2nd time i got the fairing peice off much quicker...

much better would prefer it a tad lower still but it's maxed out... i also like how there isn't all that dead pedal travel space like i had before

thanks guys
              mark

Comment

Well , I adjusted mine pretty low a while back so it'd be REAL hard to stomp on it too hard (near full ankle extension to actuate) , but found it scraped the pavement REALLY easily . LOVE how it felt , though . Might wanna take that into consideration ....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X