Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

600 GSXF to 1127 Instructions and will continue (Pre 98)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 GSXF to 1127 Instructions and will continue (Pre 98)

Welcome to my new topic that will come handy for alot of people who are looking to upgrade teh Pre-600 with a stronger Enigne.. I will list some pointers I have found along the way as well.

1. I would also advise purchasing a book on the Katana 600.
    (This will help you understand where many bolts are.)

2. I was told in upgrading the engine you are going to want to look at prices for a exhaust system, oil cooler, CDI, coils, and carbs.

Step 1. Remove all the large fairings and gas tank. Trust me on this one.. It can save you some money when it comes to doing body work.
    (NOTE) when you remove the gas tank notice the long metal bar that runs under the gas tank with the rubber bushings...(this must also be removed) After you replace the engine, this bar will no longer fit into its rightful place

Step 1.2 Missed a step but you are going to need to remove the breather box and carbs here. Make sure you plus up your carbs.

Step 2. Drain The oil out of the engine. The reason for this is because you really dont want a bigg goopy mess

Step 3. Remove the connections on the wiring harnes.. Make sure you lable everything.. It makes it much easier when putting stuff back together. The spark plug wires, starter, alt, Etc.

Step 4. Remove the gear shifter cover. 5 -6 bolts if im correct. Easy as cake and sat that aside.

Step 5. Remove the oil cooler system. Have some paper towels ready beacause there is going to be a mess.

Step 6. After removing anything that is attached, begin removing the exhaust system. Pretty easy but remeber not to strip anything. (Its going to be a tight squeeze)

Step 7. After removing the everything the enigne is attached to, then its time for ht edirty work.. Read carefully...
    The engine is attached to a cradle that attaches to the frame. Easy to remove but a pain to install. I used a hand
    hydrolic jack and lifted the bike and then placed jack stand under the swing arm. This kept the nike stable.
    Next I used the jack to aplu some presure underneith the engine so the bolts fot teh engine/crade can remove a little easier.
    There are about 5 Bolts holding the cradle in place.. Do not remove the eninge from the cradle when you are removing the engine from the bike.
    This cradle makes installation easy. After removing all the bolts needed then the engine will fall right out.
    Release the preasure and now you have the engine out of the bike..

Step 6. Once the engie is out you are going to remove some parts. The breather box that is mounted on top of the engine.
    You are going to have to remove this because the 1100 Box is too big for the 600 frame, so you are going to mount this box
    on the 1100 engine. Also you can sell some parts out the 600 engine that will work with the 1100 enigne or just parts to sell such as the engine covers,
    Starter cluthch (600 works with 1100), clutch baskets and etc..

Step 7. Go ahead and unbolt the 600 engine from the cradle ONLY if the 1100 engine you have is not on a cradle. The mototr mounts are going to be hard
    to remove, but if you remove on then the engine is easy to pull off. Install the 600 breather box onto the 1100 engine. Mount the engine to the cradle
    and get ready to reinstall. You will need two people. I laid my bike on its side and got the engine to sit correctly (This is why I said to remove fairings

Step 8.
    Some people grow big and tall and some stay the same... My 600 grew 527cc's by high school and stayed the same size. He use to get bullied by a few people:

Jigzer and Shrad were brothers
    Charlie Brown Rodjers also known as CBR
    Kall Asaki from Japan

I'm not a racer but at a stop light Jigzer pulled up and so did Shrad. They reved their engines....
    The light changes to green light so we ride...
    Then they read my license plate and it says
    " KATchup "
Working...
X