X

Thanks Trinc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Trinc

8) Spent the day, dremelled the welds on the 750 header and did some adjusting on the carbs. You said in your dynojet post that starting over sometimes is the easiest way to success. You were absolutely correct. I had a slight flutter from 2000 to 3000 rpms before and after the head swap and 750 header add on. I ground the welds out of the header and proceeded to the carbs. Had the flutter only when warm and no load. I turned all my mix screws all the way in then backed out 2.5 turns to start over. It ran worst so I started backing out 1/4 turn at a time. I'm at 3 1/8 turns now and no more flutter. Had a slight hesitation off idle under load then it came on like gangbusters. Trimmed 3/8 inch off diaphram springs and now it's got a smooth pull with no hesitation. I'm very happy with the set up. Here's what I got, 03 600 with dremelled 750 header, Factory Pro advancer, stock airfilter, carbs 3 1/8 turns out on mix, floats 14mm, shimmed needles stock, and stock muffler. The exhaust tone seems a little deeper too but that could be wishful thinking. I might could get somemore pull with the springs but gonna leave em where their at for now, no complaints. Just want to thank you and Cyber for the info and tips. Still gonna go with the Ivans. Thanks guys.

your welcome, thats why i took the time to document everything.

btw: you still have the stock can ? i did some tuning prior to adding a slip-on also - i was back to tuning once i put my 2 brothers pipe on. it really does help the flow & with the 750 header you'll notice it pull a bunch harder in the upper rpm range.

fyi: my old bike is for sale again - spy'd it on craigslist.

tim

Comment

Tuning

8) I pulled the dynojet kit back out a long time ago and forgot to put my mix screws back to stock settings. Think that was the reason for the flutter. Putting the 750 header on and starting over cleared it up. I didn't take anymore off the springs so I'll have enough when I get my Ivans kit. It's got a smooth pull on it now so I won't push it. I do have the stock can on it now and it sounds better with the 750 header. It seems to have a good smooth pull and better exhaust tone plus the flutter is gone. The flutter quit at 3 turns out on the mix but I gave it another 1/8 turn for the header size. I'll be watching my plugs to see how things are going. Right now it just seems smoother with a good sound. I'm happy with it. Thanks again for your help, and yes I keep notes on my mods that's how I found the mix screw setting. Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
      X