No announcement yet.
X

Anybody local want to help with carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody local want to help with carbs?

I've been experiencing some mid-rpm "stumbling" while riding. From what I found while searching (yes, I used the search ) It looks like I need to synch the carbs or rejet them (I don't know if the PO ever changed jets or not....it has a K&N and a V&H slip-on, so any jet problems probably would've surfaced awhile ago).
    Sooooooo, I know my way around cage motors/carbs, and I could work on my old Sportsters S&S carb without a problem, but I've never fooled around with a multi-carb setup. I've read all I could find, but I'm more of a "visual" learner, so I was wondering if anyone in or near the Bucks County Pennsylvania area would be willing to come by one Sat afternoon to help out? Not so much do it for me, but maybe talk me through the process. I'll buy lunch and provide the beverages (soda, beer, whatever).

Thanks in advance
    I would love to meet the voices in my head

96 Katana 600 (my ride)
    05 Ninja 250 (wife's ride)

darn id come over an help but will ya provide the tickets from england??.........lol

sorry mate i would if i could
    i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

I'd be just as eager to go over there....little outta my budget LOL

96 Katana 600 (my ride)

Comment

yeah c'mon over!! if you need any parts for the carbs while your here youll have trouble getting them kats are like golddust here and dealers will charge sky high prices where i am too thats why mines still not running parts are expensive so i wait for the breakers to get one in....lol
        i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

So.............I checked your profile and your ride profile..................

WHERE THE HECK IS "L-town"?????????
          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

OK...............looks like I'M THE DUMB ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Bucks County, PA"

(Note to self: HELPS TO READ THE WHOLE POST)

Well, since you're buyin' lunch, call me, I'll talk you thru it. Then, you can PayPal me the lunch money!!!

8) 8)
            I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
            Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
            Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I may have to take you up on that...Doesn't seem like there is anyone close by (my neighbor rides, but he has FI bikes, so he hasn't got a clue either).

I did (finally) scroll down through the forums...is it ok to x-post or link to this thread in the appropriate reigonal forum?

96 Katana 600 (my ride)

Comment

Sure it's ok to post the link in the other threads... we do it all the time.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I'm in Harrisburg... where in Bucks you located?

Comment

Levittown. I'm 10 minutes from the last Turnpike exit in Pa (I think 90 minutes from you), and the same distance off of 95 (but that runs N/S, so I dont think you'd take that)
                    If you came down, I'd throw in 20 bucks for gas & tolls, along with the lunch and beer...I mean, soda

If you look on a map, I'm close to the Burlington-Bristol Bridge

96 Katana 600 (my ride)

Comment

Originally posted by carpenter115
                      Levittown. I'm 10 minutes from the last Turnpike exit in Pa (I think 90 minutes from you), and the same distance off of 95 (but that runs N/S, so I dont think you'd take that)
                      If you came down, I'd throw in 20 bucks for gas & tolls, along with the lunch and beer...I mean, soda

If you look on a map, I'm close to the Burlington-Bristol Bridge
                      Burnsy - I know where this guy is... some of it's pretty sticky. We'd have to plot our way around the thick stuff.

My bruddah Bill wants to meet up at New Hope anyhow...
                      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I avoid New Hope anymore...Even when I was a Police Officer, they wrote me a ticket for loud pipes (I didn't expect special treatment as a cop, but Christ...loud pipes? The only motorcycle citation I wrote in 10 years of LE (other than DUI's and multivehicle accidents) was a wingnut 17 year old doing 60 in a 40 on ONE wheel (in shorts, sneaks, and a tshirt...no helmet, nothing),
                        Plus several parking citations for "more than one motorcycle per parking meter"

96 Katana 600 (my ride)

Comment

carpenter,

PM me with yer weekend schedule... Sunday or Monday would be really good (saturday might be tough) if you can work either of those two. Jim (jgmann67) and I were looking for an excuse to get in a good ride, anyways...

Comment

PM sent

96 Katana 600 (my ride)

Comment

PM me with yer weekend schedule... Sunday or Monday would be really good (saturday might be tough) if you can work either of those two. Jim (jgmann67) and I were looking for an excuse to get in a good ride, anyways...
                              If there are any other central PA Katriders interested in running with us (WildKat, Mac, Char, etc.), that would be pretty cool.

I don't know what the big deal about New Hope is... guess it's a HD thing.
                              "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Working...
                              X