X

SHIFTING OFF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHIFTING OFF

when i first take my kat out it shifts real easy but after the bike warms up it gets harder to shift.any ideas??????????

Clutch adjustment?? Might need one.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Comment

what kinda oil are you using?

also agree you should look into your clutch adjustment
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

changing oil today and i am going to use castrol grandprix.in regards to the clutch adjustment is this something i should try or bring to a garage?? thanks!

Comment

You can adjust the clucth your self it's not hard to do if you have a book if not there's a rubber plug down near the spocket cover that if you remove it there is a screw that adjust the clucth you can tell by taking it in and out if you are going the right way . But if you have a book it will tell you how it should be , but I like mine a certin way. Good luck !!!
            e black

Comment

o.k i did a clutch adjustment as per the haynes manual but now it seems to clunk a little when shifting all gears.i also noticed when i had it up on the centerstand warming up with the choke on the rear wheel started to spin slowly.i obviosly did not do a very good adjustment so could someone give me a crash course????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

my rear wheel spun slowly on a stand with the clutch in, too. If I understand right, it's a wet clutch, and the oil between the plates will make a little drag that will do that.

Just to make sure, is your chain adjusted correctly? I had my chain too tight once, and it shifted horribly. And then my countershaft bearing exploded. Yeah.

good luck
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

HAHA I HATE MY HAYNES MANUAL i do what it says and cant sort it i come on here and some1 gives me a really good how to and jobs a good un

this site is my manual!!!!!
                  i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

chain is o.k i started the whole process over and this time instead of adjusting the screw till i feel firm resistance i went until i felt the least amount and now it shifts way smoother.the haynes company should just come to a web site like this to compile their data because what they say is good for s@#t!

Comment

Working...
                    X