X

Sidestand Switch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidestand Switch

I need to bypass the switch and I want to know where is the easiest place to access the wires that connect to this sensor.
    2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Problem solved!

Actually, I had asked my friend to login to my Katriders ID to post and ask for help. I got stranded on the highway (I 45) this morning. I was cruising at about 65 mph, when suddenly the engine cut. Now this has happened to me before, and I knew exactly what the problem was. So I checked if the side stand was leaning out of position, but it wasnt, the switch was engaged just fine. So I came to a stop and tried to figure out what the problem was. I put my hand on the side stand switch and tried engaging the gear with the engine started. Whenever I engaged any gear, the engine would cut. I figured maybe the switch was bad.

I had changed my whole sprocket and chain set the previous night, so I thought maybe while putting back the sprocket cover, it may have somehow cut the wire. Sure enough, an hour later when a buddy came by with some tools, I got the sprocket cover open, and lo! the wire was shredded. I dont know how it got in the sprocket's way, but the wire was eaten away by the sprocket. A few minutes later I was back on the road after fixing up the wire. Oh and I love the new RK Vortex conversion kit.
    2003 Black/Gray Hayabusa

With great Horsepower, comes great Responsibility!

Comment

Working...
    X