X

Help with exhaust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with exhaust

So I lowsided, and messed up my Yoshimura can and midpipe. The headers are fine. Can a 98+ midpipe and can work on a 1990. And does anyone know good sites where they sell Yoshimura. I'd like to stay with yosh since the yosh headers are already on there and fine.

Thanks

Which Yoshi pipe do you have? Do you have a picture of it?? I have replaced the "skin" on my yoshi before. Just drilled the rivets slid the old can off, and slid the new one on. Popped in new rivets and the pipe looks brand new. Total was like $20 or $30.

What is wrong with the mid pipe?? Can you paint it black and cover it up?

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

I will try to post up some pics. The mid pipe is bent, dinged, and twisted. It definetly cannot be reused. The skin you refer to is that called a sleeve? Yosh sells them for like 70, but my R&D has some small dents and one giant dent? Will replaceing the skin work. I will try to take it apart.

Comment

Mine is the R&D also. Yours have rivets or screws holding it on? Look like chrome, or brushed aluminum?

Yes, the sleeve. I thought I got mine cheaper than that. I have the part numbers still for the sleeve, rivets and bands to do it, as it does not come in a kit. Go figure.

Now... I don't think the midpipe can be pulled out of the can and replaced. You might be able to get a muffler shop to cut it off and replace it with some pipe cheaper than getting a new muffler. Or you could get on E-Bay and find a pipe with a good midpipe and make a new exhaust with the sleeve. All kinds of possibilites there.

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

Brushed Aluminum, with screws holding it in.

Comment

So... you tried to straighten out the baffle yet?

Or are you gonna start looking on E-bay for a new can with a good midpipe on it? Either way really. Given any thought of the muffler shop replacing your midpipe? Shouldn't be too hard for them to do really. With a re-sleeve kit and a custom midpipe, you could be back on the road with not much $$ spent.

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

I ended up ordering another can. So I just have to wait for it to come. Oh its hard to wait!

Comment

That's one way to go too...

Yeah, waiting is the hardest part of getting things.

Greg

COURAGE -

Comment

Working...
                X