X

'93 1100 Kat, carb work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '93 1100 Kat, carb work

wanted to make an effort at synching my carbs. have gauges and tubing. any ideas on what to use as a fitting that will connect to the port on the side of the carb bodies?

I am unfamiliar with the carbs on the 1100. I don't know if they have the ports coming off the top of the carbs or not. Look at the top of your carbs, on the black plastic. There may be four ports with rubber caps sticking off the tops of the carbs. If they are there... that is where you hook up the tubing. If the tubing is difficult to slide on there, I have used a dab of oil wiped around the nipple of the carb to help them slide on.

Hope this helps you some.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

the bike has Mikuni's, 34mm i think, which i thought were original (i have a service manual and the carbs seem to jive with the info in it). they do not have black plastic caps, they are unfinished steel. the connection is located at about 4 to 5 o'clock on each carb(as veiwed seated on the bike), its sealed with a screw and copper washer.

Comment

Hmm... wish I could help you with that.

Hopefully someone with 1100 carb knowledge will get on here and help you out.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Working...
        X