X

Clutch nut came off after putting back together has no power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch nut came off after putting back together has no power

Clutch nut came off while riding and likes the rear tire up. after putting it back together it has no power when i put the new clutch in. i also put in a shift kit which works fine and a Full V and H super sport exhaust. so i got it together and it didnt want to start then i got it start and has no power any help thanks
    gary
    1998 Triumph Daytona T595 107 HP "untuned"
    1993 xr250L
    2005 cr125 two stroke For sale

Sorry, can you try again?
    Tell us each part slowly..
    What happened, what you did, what the bike is doing now?

Thanks

Comment

i was riding at about 45 mph then the lost all clutch control( did nothingwhen you pull the lever in). i was in third gear so i tried to make it.then the clutch nut came off all the way and locked the trans and and rear tire and came skidding to a stop with cars on my butt. when i got home i took it apart and found the clutch nut off. so i order new parts for the clutch. also order exhaust and a shift kit and a new air filter put it all back together and and took alot of work to get running. once i had it running took it up the street has no power i wont go above 7000 rpm. so now i cant drive it. did i type slow enough for you on that black peter?
      1993 xr250L

Comment

I'll wager it has nothing to do with your clutch nut, although that was some suck to have happen. When you changed the exhaust and air filter, did you tune your jets/needles/pilots/whatever else might be in there? You'll probably also need a carb sync. I'm just regurgitating what is told to me, you could do a search for rough idle, or bad idle, something like that.....
        None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
        -Robert Morrison

"
        well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

you leaned out the top end new air filter plus a full system exhaust need to rejet your carbs or put the stock air filter in the airbox im guessing on the air filter here since you dont have a brand listed im gonna guess its a k&n but no power up top like 7k and up is too small main jet

Comment

whatisaclutchnutandhowdoesitrelatetotheissueoflock inguptherear?

Comment

Beware the rath of a Black Peter scorned......

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
              -Robert Morrison

"

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Originally posted by philwecksr

Beware the rath of a Black Peter scorned......

Comment

how its case the clutch basket moves out and looks it all togetherwhen the sprocket on the back of the housing doesnt keep spinning
                  1993 xr250L

Comment

its a uni air filter not k and n
                    1993 xr250L

Comment

Originally posted by Gary600
                      how its case the clutch basket moves out and looks it all togetherwhen the sprocket on the back of the housing doesnt keep spinning
                      OK, I'm just lost....

Comment

I think I get it. The clutch nut is what holds the plates together when doing the opposite of the clutch springs? I dont' remember my clutch when it was apart too well, but kinda like this....

Engine | | | | | | | Nut Engine Cover

where each | is an alternating drive/driven plate. Nut prevents the final plate from falling off, thus ...... No i'm lost too. Maybe nut falling off prevents rotation of plates?

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

yes thats right the plate the whole housing comes off stops spinning and locks it up
                          1993 xr250L

Comment

ok so the nut comes off, and the plates don't grab eachother anymore, then stops?

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

Honestly, i was going to reply to this but by the time i came to the bottom...i was lost and confused, i sat in a corner and cried and rocked myself.

Okay, The clutch thing. You fixed it, dont worry. That is not your problem anymore. The Shift kit i do not belive is causing you a problem either. So lets just push that right off to the side. You added a Exhaust, and air filter. Well try this, Remove the air filter first and reinstall the old filter or buy a new stock filter. See if your still having problems. Then try your old exhaust, If your still having problems. Your going to have a issue with the carb. If you want, buy a Ivan's jetkit install it with your new exhaust but use a stock filter. Yes im sure your thinking " High flow air filter should run better! " According to ivan, using his jetkit, the stock filter is just fine and gives the same power to a highflow.

Comment

Working...
                              X