X

help with fuelcock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with fuelcock

hey guys I have been stalking this forum for some time now and hit a bit of a snag working on getting my $500 project biek running. My original tank's fuel cock leaked gas all over and the knob popped off with the slightest effort so I ordered myself an eBay special to replace the entire tank and fuelcock. This new fuelcock turns great, but fuel doesn't flow through it to the fuel lines. I have both lines from the carbs hooked to the nipples facing the front and back of the bike, and the nipples facing the center of the tank are connected via another short length of hose...what should I check for? I took the unit out of the tank and discovered the diaphragm and it just confuses me!

so long katastrophic failure, hello old school custom!

ok the nipple on the backof the pet cock pointing to the center of the tank runs the the right hand side of the carbs there a vaccum port there and turning the petcock one direction shoudl turn it to prime and fuel should run out if not somethings wrong internally

Comment

I found the vacuum hose and hooked that up to the center facing nipple...no idea if their is fuel going to the carbs though...still isn't starting.

Comment

if you pull the hose off of the nipple on the right side and turn the knob to prime and fuel flows then it should be getting fuel
        Uh Oh here we go....

Comment

oh its getting fuel...its dripping out of the airbox now! WTF!?!?!?!

Comment

Stuck floats . Take off the carbs and give them some love . Probably due for some if the bike's been abused or sitting ...
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i know mdex.....and i know his bike.....it was a stunt bike in the past....thus md86 is prolly right

Comment

I know skottish, he has a slobalt, and I have no idea what he is doing on this forum.

Comment

im on this forum because i plan on getting a bike sometime in the relatively near future.....and kats are growing on me

Comment

Nice Pre 98 Mdex..
                    Let me know if you need any parts.
                    How are the carbs now?

Comment

I haven't had time to touch it the past few days...Florida has the freaking crazy lightning and thunderstorms I know of, plus I has been trying to get over a cold. This weekend I will be tearing her apart, though!

Comment

Thanks to my ride calling off work today I finally took the time to remove the carbs. After an hour of investigating I have noted the following-

1. Carb 3 is missing the vacuum cap on top.
                        2. Only carb 2 has a float chamber gasket. The motor side of this carb also has a lot of black residue that was a pain to clean off.
                        3. Carb 4's needle jet was sticking inside the slide, which wasnt making the same sound as the other carbs. When I lifted the slide up halfway the needle came completely out! I reassembled the unit and now it behaves like the three others.
                        4. The choke lever was not connected to the piston on carb 4. The whole rack needs some lube, too.
                        5. I visually synched the carbs as described in the LONG how-to sticky.

My mom is complaining about my scent of gas so I didnt completely investigate every carb just yet, but I will be doing so ASAP to assure that I wont be removing so many parts again in the future.

I also want to replace the fuel lines...the ones I have aren't stock, nor provide a tight fit and seem to be kinda kinky (haha). Could someone give me a heads up as to what exactly I need to replace them with?

Comment

Yeah........I posted the part numbers somehwere in here I think.....

HERE:http://www.katriders.com/forums/view...=323415#323415

....the fuel lines are metric and its tough to find them in the correct size ID and OD. BOTH are important as the ID must fit nipples and the OD must go thru the rack..........

So..... I long ago gave up and just use the stock Suzuki ones.
                          I've owned over 70 Katanas - you think I know anything about them?
                          Is there such a thing as TOO MANY BIKES?
                          Can you go TOO FAST on a bike?
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                          X