X

Alot of mods = how much diffrence?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alot of mods = how much diffrence?

I just bought a 06 kat 600 and all my friends have gsxr 600's. I have added the scorpion exhaust (slip-on). I was just wondering how much of a diffrence i am going to see when i get the carbs jetted and the k&n air filter put on? I am just wanting more torque. I would like to be able to roll into the throttle to stand the bike up. I know that it will never be a gsxr. i was even thinking of changing the sprockets but at the same time i dont want to to let go of all of my top end. Any suggestions?

Anyone?

Comment

well if you want that kinda performance and dont wanna sacrifice your nice ride go buy a stunt bike

Comment

sprockets are about the only thing that is gonna do that for you with out costing you enough money to just warrant a new bike purchase.

Comment

The biggest key is taking the time to have it dyno tuned. Alot of people put jet kits on and just guess the settings, doesn't work. I originally installed a jet kit, K&N, full exhaust and thought the bike was running great. Took it to the dyno and put out 69hp (4hp over stock). The dyno showed the bike was way lean. After three more adjustments and three more dynoes I pulled just shy of 80hp. Since then I have advanced the timing and put some miles on the bike.

My friend has a 2000 GSXR600 and it is just a hair faster. I am 230lbs and if I really get on first I can feel the handle bars free up, maybe an inch off the ground. With that extra weight and wheel base it makes it very hard to power up. But it also means I can launch pretty good if needed.
          2006 GSX600F

Comment

Originally posted by Sin
            well if you want that kinda performance and dont wanna sacrifice your nice ride go buy a stunt bike
            Ummm, let me see... go buy a stunt bike because i want to add a few mods to my bike for a little more torgue. No thanks. I dont want a stunt bike and to be honest if you were just in it for the nice ride we would all have cruisers. We all like to have a little fun with the throttle from time to time!!!!

Comment

ok i was just saying you were comparing your kat to a gixxer but for more torque a ignition advancer pipe and jet kit will help and a diff sprocket combo

Comment

Originally posted by Sin
                ok i was just saying you were comparing your kat to a gixxer but for more torque a ignition advancer pipe and jet kit will help and a diff sprocket combo
                it still wont be the gixxers hes trying to keep up with ha.
                03 katanika

Comment

if you want a keep up with the GRXR's then a 750 would have been the better purchase. Slip-on doesn't add anything to the HP just adds the sound , the K&N will add maybe 3-6 HP after jetting, sprocket change will make the bigger difference but you may sacrefice low end or top end when doing this if it is anything like sprocket change on a snowmobile.

Comment

I would recommend a larger engine such as the 1100 that Lou put in his bike or nitrous.

Although it still does not guarantee you being able to "roll into the throttle to stand the bike up". Power is not the only variable in the equation.

Comment

No guys, Im not trying to keep up with gixxers or try to make my bike as fast as one. I stated that i know that it will never be one. I just wanted to know how much of a diffrence i will notice with the things that i am planning on doing this winter. Thats all. Im not sure where the question went wrong....lol

But neverless the gixxers that i ride with have no riding skills so they always have to keep up with me!!!!!

Comment

Tirp. You will only see a minor difference with a slip on. You really on need to re-jet if you are running a full system and not a slip on. Changing out the sprocket combo will change things up. Just remeber you are going to sacrifice one for the other. To get more low end you will sacrifice top end and vice versa. It is all a personal preference and takes a little bit of tuning to get it where you want it.

By the way that is way most riders on SS bike can not keep up with a person on a Kat that knows how to ride.
                        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
                        X