X

Boring 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring 750

So I've read somewhere else on this forum that the pre98's were the 750 gixxer engines, and then the 600's were sleeved versions of the 750 also. As of the 98+ the engines were actual castings (or whatever, but no longer sleeved gixxer engines). The larger bore kits out there are for the pre 98 750's only (in so far as I've seen), but if the 600 is just a sleeved 750, then couldn't the kits be used there to with a larger bore? Also, what makes the kit incompatible with post 98's, or can it be used either way?
    None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
    -Robert Morrison

"
    well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

the 98+ have a longer stroke (i said stoke ) and a smaller bore then the pre98 which use large bore and shorter stroke. but the 98+ kats are a copy of the 85 86 87 and 90 91 92 gixxer motor same stroke and piston bore 8) you see where im going with this????

the pre98 600 were actuall the 85thru 87 gixer 750 motor with sleeves they had a 48.7mm stroke and the 750 had a 44.3 mm stroke so the 600 were sleeved 750 jsut not 89-97 kat motors just 85-87 and 90-92 sleeved 750's

so if you want performance pistons for a 98+ kat buy the 85-87 and 90-92 pistons

Comment

oic. Well, I'm off to spend money I dont' have.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Hey Sin... so if I understand your confusing post correctly.... The pre-98 600 engines were sleeved 750's. If that is true... then can a 771 kit be installed onto a 93 600 engine?

That would be a great winter project I would love to tackle once this place freezes over. There are NO bike junkyards up here for me to try to find a 750 or 1100 motor, so this may be a good solution.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

stock 90 91 92 750 and 98+kat750 pistons ina 600 makes a 750cc

wiseco 90 91 92 1mm over bored makes a 600 771cc

and this will work on all the kat 600 pre98 and 98+ and some of the pistons will work in the 98+ 750

except for the stock 98+ 750 pistons and 90 91 92 750 piston which will make a 750 since its already those pistons in the 750 motor

also rumored theres a 905 kit somewhere i beleive JE pistons makes it i think mrclean on here has it pm him for more info

Comment

Wow so the stock pre98 750 pistons in a pre98 600 will convert the 600 to 815??? Cool...no extra expense of extravigant kits or anything?? Now that is a mod I may try...
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

This is more of the information I was looking for. So is Sin's information purely theoretical? I know he must have calculated all the sizes, but are the pre 98 750 pistons actually going to work in the engine or am i going to run into clearance issues mid stroke, or does nobody really know? I'm still trying to learn how similair the engines are.

-Robert Morrison

"

Comment

Working...
              X