X

Fouled plugs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fouled plugs

I went for my first ride of the year yesterday and about 30K down the roade the bike started to run really rough, it would not idle and sounded like it was missing. I limped home by keeping the RPM up over 6k and after I got in the driveway I could not get the bike to fire at all. I did some research here and decided to change the plugs, this is what they looked like, they are in order from left to right 1 to 4. plugs 3 and 4 were wet when I removed them. The bike is running better, hopefully i wont have to do the carbs, but I dont know what would make it run so rich.
    Attached Files
    Today is the Tomorrow that you worried about Yesterday....

Checked the air filter lately?

Comment

I checked it afterwards thinking that might be part of the problem, it was clean.

So far its been a calamity of errors, I left the petcock in PRI last night and when i went to fire it up this morning fuel came pouring out of the leak holes in the exhaust. So , i pulled the exhaust drained them and blew then out, drained the crankcase oil, changed the filter, got it all back together and it was missing again, I found one of the plug wires had came loose from the spark plug cap, reattached and all seems to be better so far. Time to put the plastic back on and go for a test.
      Today is the Tomorrow that you worried about Yesterday....

Comment

Yep, that'd do it. Glad you cleared it up. Enjoy your ride!

Comment

Working...
        X