X

Sprockets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sprockets

This may have asked before and if so sorry about that I have no patience and looked at the first page of search. I am looking to make the Kat a little faster in city driving (yup I am going to kill myself) I have heard of vortex and here is the thing the bike has 4500 miles on it with everything stock(except cosmetic) and was thinking the cheapest right now is sprockets so here it is should I go to the dealer and get one down in front and one up in back of course all being oem parts or just order it thru vortex if there is not a cheaper company. Also do I have to replace the chain to see a big difference or could I just use the sprockets now wait a few months then the chain? Would I have to adjust anything for my speed o for the sprockets like bring it to the local dealership and have it adjusted or something? I have heard stock air filter is better then K/N is that true with sprockets? Thanks for any info and any web sites would be cool too.
    "Wait you are hitting me for something I might do"

on the 98+, you'll need a speedohealer or similiar product to fix the inaccurate reading. your air filter choice will have no effect with your sprockets. kat-a-tonic did a review about the k&n air filter. however, some jet kits, ivan's comes to mind, recommends the stock airbox.

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
    X