Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

A new negine for a 96 Kat 750 , who sells em?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new negine for a 96 Kat 750 , who sells em?

im looking for an engine as stated. anyone know anywhere that carry's them? im thinkin im gonna have a hard time after searchin the net the last few days.

ug...life sucks .

probably have to rebuild one. I don't know anyone that offers a new one, you probably might find someone that has reconditioned or rebuilt the engines but never a new one. and if you are going to rebuild i would go with a 1100 engine.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

woops....

i meant rebuilt or a low milage one. found out its cheaper to find a "newer" one than it is to have mine rebuilt.

just looking for a start point ot go looking. figured if i would find any good info. it would be here.

and i gotta find another 750. its a suzuki shop thats gonna do it and they dont wanna "experiment". i dont know of anyone else near me (S.E. michigan) who does taht kind of work.

Comment

You could check ebay, the older oil cooled GSXR engines will also work.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

that was the thing the tech wasnt being clear about. his recomendation was to track down an engine with the same "T" designation .

im no where near a mechanic. what other engine drops right in other than what i have now?

Comment

See the sticky in the mechanics section .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i would find a shop that is willing to do what you want. Because after all why should you not get exactly what you want? after all it is your money. I would walk in and say i have such and such bike and want to do this or what are my options. and if they say we will only swap exact or give you some reason why not to, screw them go somewhere else. It just baffles me now days of the people that don't want your money. Or what i would do it if you can't rebuild an engine, take your replacement engine in and have them rebuild it, and put it in your bike and then take it to a dyno shop for dyno tuning.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Working...
              X