X

need help wiring front right blinker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help wiring front right blinker

ok, i took pictures of the wires, and for some reason i can't get the pictures to just appear, so i will just put the links here. very different from the left front blinker, as theirs more wires involved. the first pic are together, two brown wires w/white stripes and the ground. the two brown/white wires are crimped together into one bullet clip. these wires are coming from the bike.

the second picture here are two more wires coming from the bike as well.

the third picture is what's coming from the right front blinker bulb fixture. the black, the white striped, and a red. the red on the front left blinker is not attached to anything and it works fine.

which wires from the blinker fit to which wires from the bike? it's not set up the same as the left side. the white striped wire goes to the white striped wire, and the black to the black, that's it. i tried doing that, and the bulb stayed on all the time, no blinking. i tried a few different varietys of connecting the wires, the last of which blew a fuse. the majority of the ways i hooked them up just kept the light on. if i just attached the single white striped wire to the bulbs single white striped wire and it stayed on all the time. in a few minutes i'm going to take the fairings off to replace the fuse. i can supply more information after i get that changed out. any help anyone could give would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Invalid friend ID for the pics, or maybe I am not cool enough to see em.

Comment

myspace is being retarded right now i think.

edit. well, it seems to be working now. again, the image thing isn't working from my myspace pictures, so i dunno what i'm doing wrong... otherwise i'd just post the pictures here. i have no other place to host them.

edit 2.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

i tried to put the same photos in the original post, but it made them super huge, and even after i shrunk them down, it still came out same size. i must be computer retarded today or something.

Comment

why dont you look at the left turn signal and use it as a pattern to hook it up?

Comment

the left turn signal had a white striped wire, a black whire, and a ground... it didnt have all the extra wires. apparently the reason i dont have running blinker lights is because that's run from the right blinker i guess to the front left blinker. i'm gonna use my multimeter tomorrow to figure out which are the running lights, and which are for the actual light, and give that a shot since it's too dark to figure it out tonight. i shouldve explained that in the first post.

Comment

ok, i multimetered the wires, and discovered the green wire (same as in the wiring diagrams in the books) was what made the blinking. i hooked the black wire from the light bulb to the green, and the red wire to the single black wire from the bike, because that was the constant powered wire. now it blinks, but theres no regular lights on any of my blinkers, they're either off, or blinking. i know i have brake and headlights, and both of those work the way they're supposed to, but i suppose this is going to be a little more complicated than i originally thought.

Comment

Working...
            X