Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

D&D Slip-on running rough...re-jet carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D&D Slip-on running rough...re-jet carbs?

Purchased D&D slip-on for 04 katana 600 off of ebay. Put it on and it is hesitating on throttle and very poor idling. What needs to be done. Carb re-jetting adjusting air jet? I appreciate the help. I will have no problem doing the job just need to know what exactly needs to be done. thanks in advance

dunno...i put my wileyco on with stock..does not need any jet kits

JC

Comment

You'd probably benefit from pulling the EPA plugs over the pilot screws and turining them out a smidge .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have a D&D on mine but it was on there when I got it. It has been rejetted though. Not sure what number but it is rich almost to rich. The guy I got it from said it would smoke a stock 750 though.

Comment

A 600 ? Doubt it .

Comment

Well the dude was trying to sell me the bike

Comment

He musta thought you was stupid , then .

Comment

I think we could use a little more specific description of what it's doing..... Is it hesitating off idle? While free-reving, only from a stop, in all gears?
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Wouldnt be the first time. Maybe he was talking about an older 750. I rode a 92 model and I know it would smoke it.

Comment

it is hesitating off idle on the start. also when stopped the tac is bouncing almost a full rpm.

Comment

it is hesitating off idle on the start. also when stopped the tac is bouncing almost a full rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra1379
                        Wouldnt be the first time. Maybe he was talking about an older 750. I rode a 92 model and I know it would smoke it.
                        Pre98's actaully had MORE power than the 98+ .
                        And it SOUNDS like with your rpm's bouncing that much , it's more than just a mix problem . I'd start with a valve check and carb synch . If THAT don't make that bounce go away , MAYBE you got an air leak somewhere (wd40 trick to spot leaks) . If it ain't THAT , well , it's probably NOT a good thing ...

Comment

Working...
                        X