Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

sprocket size (did search need definate answer)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprocket size (did search need definate answer)

hey every i've been a member for a couple of months and have not posted alot simply because i use the search alot and my questions get answered. but i got a problem i cant seem to get one answer for a simple question. im new so bare with me

i got a 1993 kat 750
    i cant get it up and only have $100 to spend for the prescription (sprockets)
    what do the doctors at KR recommend (sproket size)
    i need drivability but also to be able to get it up fairly easy.

sorry for the newbie question but who better to ask than the great people at KR
    thank u

You can get it up with stock sprockets as long as you don't mind trashing your clutch. Hell you can make a lawn tractor wheelie with the clutch. Otherwise you should be looking at something in the 49,50 range for the rear or maybe drop the front down to a 13. Making either one of those changes (or both if your crazy) will make it easier to get the front end up but you will drop some top end in the process.

Personally though I say if you want to wheelie, go buy a dirt bike. Kats are too heavy and were not meant to take the abuse on either the forks or headstock of doing wheelies. To each his own though so if this is what you want to do with your bike then I'll also suggest that you go ahead and buy fork seals and head bearings at the same time. Your gonna need them.
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

thank you brada for the answer yeah i just wanted to show my buddy that my kat can do a wheelie
      he has a gsxr600 u know how that goes i get crap from him everyday

also lookin foward to buying on of ur pre98 cowls

GREATEST SITE ON THE NET
      KR

Comment

Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou

sweet lawn mower. that ought to get the yard done real quick...
          2006 50th ann. R1 (drive weekends only.....), 1996 750 Katana (daily driver), 2004 Dodge SRT-4 (garage queen only 3000 miles), and 2006 Black Dodge Ram SLT (rainy weather driver)

Comment

Working...
          X