X

mid range miss hesitation???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid range miss hesitation???

I am STILL working on a 1990 Kat 750 this bike was a basket case for sure I am having a mid range miss/ hesitation between 3000 and 400 rpm or so. the bike does idle decent with a small miss here and there but in nuetral or even riding easy the miss is bad as soon as I open the throttle the bike takes off like a rocket it will hold a steady 5000 rpm or higher going down the road but no power between 3 an 4 thousand does anyone have any ideas
    ONE OF THESE DAYS THIS THING WILL RUN RIGHT

I think I forgot to mention it does the same thing hot or cold does not matter I think this bike is about to beat me anyone in the Columbus Ohio area that want a side job email me [email protected] I am almost ready to give up on this one

Comment

Hmmm , jet kit ? Maybe it's got the stiffer springs I've heard so much about ....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I bought this bike as a basket case and fom what I know it is all stock except for the vance & hines slip on muffler other than that I don't know much about it. took the bowls off the carbs they looked very clean other than that I am at a loss

Comment

I have been having the exact same problems with my bike, I figured it was from cleaning my carbs and not getting a synchro. Besides 3-4000 it runs great at all other rpm's. I do get a slight backfire infrequently when I go over 10,000 RPM oddly. I am waiting to finish up the body work and then taking it in for a synchro. I hope that fixes it all.

Comment

There is a carb tuning sticky or thread around here somewhere, that goes into detail about what causes problems at different RPM. It may even be a link to the Factory Pro website. I found this document to be invaluable when setting up my carbs. It may be that you need to raise the needles up one clip...
            "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy"

"True wisdom, only comes from pain"

Comment

I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

That is a good site to have, good call.

Comment

I had a stumble around 6-7000rpms and changing the plugs cleared it up for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X