Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tekgnome
    replied
    Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
    I did shorten my push rod but until I find the issue with the engine, ????
    The 1100 push rod is longer.
    Anyway, my formula was to measure how far the 750 push rod was exposed, 54mm.
    Then cut the 1100 push rod so 54mm was exposed.

This engine broke a chain on the road, so the push rod was snapped off and the sprocket cover was damaged.
    I pulled the broken end out with tweezers.
    Will the 750 push rod fit in to the 1157 case or is it to big of a diameter and to short?

I just realized my b12 I bought doesn't have one

Ill have to buy an oem one if it won't fit, and grind it down.

Does it matter which end I grind off? From the pictures of the b12 push rod both ends have a weird X shape the gsx750f I have is smooth on both ends.

Im converting to steel 530 front and rear sprockets with a 530 X ring chain. Its stupid expensive and probably overkill but a snapped chain is my worst fear. :/
    Last edited by Tekgnome; 11-09-2015, 08:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    I did shorten my push rod but until I find the issue with the engine, ????
    The 1100 push rod is longer.
    Anyway, my formula was to measure how far the 750 push rod was exposed, 54mm.
    Then cut the 1100 push rod so 54mm was exposed.

This engine broke a chain on the road, so the push rod was snapped off and the sprocket cover was damaged.
    I pulled the broken end out with tweezers.
    Last edited by buffalobill; 11-09-2015, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tekgnome
    replied
    I have access to a grinder that can trim the push rod to 1/64" but ill need to know where to start. Its definitely an important detail.

Leave a comment:

• katanarider
    replied
    Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
    On the cable clutch, the cover plate fits perfect, but I can't test if it pushes the rod in easy.
    Seems the used engine I bought has a problem with the clutch plates, the push rod is bottomed out and don't push back into place. So I have to open the clutch cover and find the issue.
    I've received word from steves not too long ago that the push pin needs to be trimmed to work properly. Don't ask how much because thats all the info I have. I hope you keep us well informed on this mod because I'm very interested. I think I speak for several 1100 owners when I say details please.
    Last edited by katanarider; 11-09-2015, 01:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    On the cable clutch, the cover plate fits perfect, but I can't test if it pushes the rod in easy.
    Seems the used engine I bought has a problem with the clutch plates, the push rod is bottomed out and don't push back into place. So I have to open the clutch cover and find the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Tekgnome
    replied
    Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
    How are you counting the rows? The stock 750 cooler is like 14-15 rows in height.

Krey
    The wrong way, I dont have the bike and was going off a picture of it which was wrong.

Do you think that it will be sufficient enough to cool it?

+1
    On the clutch setup let me know exactly how it fits, I want to keep it cable driven. Im assuming ill need to buy a bandit plate and have it rigged?

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    Looks like using the 750 clutch cable and cover plate on the 1100 will work.
    I read people don't like the 1100 hydraulic clutch, some say it drags and has a vague feel about it.

Leave a comment:

• Kreylyn
    replied
    Originally posted by Tekgnome View Post
    What oil cooler did you use? I was going to recycle my 7 row 750 cooler to cool my b12 but I don't want to risk overheating her.
    How are you counting the rows? The stock 750 cooler is like 14-15 rows in height.

Krey

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    I bought a Katana 1100 oil cooler with lines. The only difference is the 1100 lines are bigger, so they flow more oil.

Leave a comment:

• Tekgnome
    replied
    What oil cooler did you use? I was going to recycle my 7 row 750 cooler to cool my b12 but I don't want to risk overheating her.

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    Well, I wanted too.
    All my bikes are kept inside and this one will never be ridden in the rain.
    Maybe someday a track coach might want to teach us how to ride in the rain.
    I do have some high quality aluminum tape, I'll cover it over with that.

Leave a comment:

• 92xjunker
    replied
    A wet rag or towel works if you don't have a welding mat. The only concern I would have with open pipe is rusting from the inside out. I couldn't stop myself from sealing that up, sloppy or not. A Dremmel will clean that up nicely.

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    OK, this is good enough for me. Looks well reinforced by the flat triangle welded in there. My welding is too sloppy to risk getting molten splatter all over the wiring harness.

Leave a comment:

• buffalobill
    replied
    Well, in advanced I see one guy's riding the olde early 80s GSX Katana, and in intermediate a guy's riding a mid 80s GPX Ninja 600. So it's kinda mixed.

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    I bet everyone above novice is on a bike that never had a center stand

Leave a comment:

Working...
X