No announcement yet.
X

92 GSXR 1127 engine into 750F Kat, questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a full b12 stock exhaust system that will hopefully bolt right up with minimal modifications.
    Tekgnomes Crazy Custom Fighter
    The Screaming Banshee <

Big Bore B12 swapped madness

Comment

• Can you put it on a scale and tell us how much it weighs?
      I wanna compare that my stuff:
      Stock Katana 750 dual system_23 lb
      Stock Katana 1100 dual system_33 lb.

Comment

• Originally posted by buffalobill View Post
        Can you put it on a scale and tell us how much it weighs?
        I wanna compare that my stuff:
        Stock Katana 750 dual system_23 lb
        Stock Katana 1100 dual system_33 lb.
        When mine comes in the mail this week i can weigh it.

Mines just a stock b12 header, midpipe, and exhaust with the baffle. I believe it will bolt right up to the 1100 block you are using.

I definitely like the look of the 1100 kat system your using. I wonder how different the midpipe is from mine.

As i understood it, a full b12 system will cut some top end hp In place of more usable torque
        Last edited by Tekgnome; 11-17-2015, 08:42 AM.
        The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

• Originally posted by Tekgnome View Post
          I bought a full b12 stock exhaust system that will hopefully bolt right up with minimal modifications.
          It should bolt right up without a problem. You may need to fabricate a bracket to fit the can to the mounting location on the bike though.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

• Looks like for my 750 carbs to work right, I need to install the pilot and air jets used in the 1989 GSXR1100 carbs.
            The 89 GSXR1100 used the same carbs: BST36SS.

Comment

• I'm not sure what im going to do for mine. I've got a brand new dyno jet kit with pods and a stock exhaust system.

I have 130 mains right now not sure on the pilot.

I've got access to a dyno thought so tuning will be easier
              The Screaming Banshee <

Comment

• One recommendation, ditch the dyno junk kit, get a factory pro kit. Much, much better engineering there.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Where abouts does one find a factory pro kit?

Comment

• Factory pro. They state the there kit won't fit steel top carbs but, they do. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111630
                    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                    spammer police
                    USAF veteran

Comment

• Steel top carbs??? I've only seen those on a 1981 Yamaha 550 Seca.

Comment

• 1100 carbs have steel diaphragm covers.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

• Hey I checked out the Factory Pro site, seems I forgot about them from like 8 years ago when I serviced my 1st set of Mikunis.
                          Their site is so mixed up, I found no catalog of bike parts just their short featured selection. I don't like to call anyplace for info, big waste of time stuck on hold, (so 1980s).
                          Anyway, I did find their 4 pack of pilot jets for the price of 1 OEM jet on bikebandit, so I'll order that.
                          Thanks.

Comment

• Their page is a PITA to navigate if you aren't familiar with it. Top left, "online sales". Click. Next page top center " continue to online sales " click. THEN you can actually pick a manufacturer, model, etc. Anyways, here's for 1100 kat: http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prods13.html

1100 gsxr 89-92
                            factory, bandit, gsf, 1200, carb, carburetor, carburator, tuning, stage 3, config 30, stage 1, mikuni, BMC, air filter, auto, automotive, motorcycle, ega, exhaust gas analyzer, factory, Aprilia, bandit, Honda, BMW, Buell, cbr, cbr600, ec997, eddy current, gsx, gsxr, ignition advance, Indian, jet, Kaw, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Mikuni, Keihin, Harley Davidson, r6, salvisberg, shift kit, tuning, billet, engine cover, dyno, dynojet, power commander, 100, 150, 200, factory, emulsion tube, needle jet, transmission detent, allen screw, racing, sounds, frame bumper,

750 kat pre http://www.factorypro.com/Prod_Pages/prods12.html
                            1998 Katana 750
                            1992 Katana 1100
                            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• Thanks a bunch!
                              Those Long Boy idle mix screws are a great idea, but kinda pricey.

Comment

• Ok, did a test of the transmission with the bike up on a stand and engine running 3000rpm.
                                Important note: Before I posted that the 100mm pushrod worked with the cable clutch, NOT. That's too long and slips the clutch.
                                I slowly shortened the push rod till I got it right: 98mm seems just right.

The clutch is very sensitive to just a few mm, 95mm is way too short.

Comment

Working...
                                X