X

Can't get my katana started...Idk what to do

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get my katana started...Idk what to do

I have an 89 gsx600f.... I can't get it started...ignition coils are good giving all plugs a spark...carb is sucking fuel through, although Idk how much is suppose to be going through...and the battery is new...it will turn over just won't fire
    .The exhaust is kinda sucking like it should be when you turn it over...ignition fuse is good...I'm stuck...help me out I'd really appreciate it..thanks

Will it fire with starting fluid?

Comment

No it kind of back fires when I spray starter fluid

Comment

Originally posted by shaferis21 View Post
        No it kind of back fires when I spray starter fluid

Has it ever run. Have you done any work on it. Do you know the history of the bike?

Have you checked the coils are wired correctly, the plugs are on the right plugs?

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

No it hasnt. .it's a project bike...plugs are in the right spot and I'm fairly sure the coils are wired right..I mean I can double check just to be sure..

Comment

Might want to at least do a cold compression test, to see if you might have major problems or not.

Comment

Originally posted by shaferis21 View Post
              No it hasnt. .it's a project bike...plugs are in the right spot and I'm fairly sure the coils are wired right..I mean I can double check just to be sure..

You might wanna do that.

Confirm what color wire in what spot on each coil, and also what coil is feeding what plug.

For ref, left as sitting on the bike is 1 across to 4 on the right.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Working...
              X