Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Impossible Dyno Result. Different motor?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyno screw up confirmed. Ran again this morning, rated 105. I expressed the impossibility of that. My buddy's dad recalibrated the machine. 74hp. Thanks for the help. But my seat of the pants dyno is already less exciting lol

Comment

Hey, that's not bad for these old air cooled 600's. This is why you don't dyno your bike. The HP number is all in your head. If you didn't know it was only 74 HP you would think it was faster. Just ride it and enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
        Hey, that's not bad for these old air cooled 600's. This is why you don't dyno your bike. The HP number is all in your head. If you didn't know it was only 74 HP you would think it was faster. Just ride it and enjoy it.
        if it helps you sleep at night, the first dyno was right and the last one was the screwup

but ya 74 sounds ALOT better for a 600
        if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Mreedohio's "Chrome Project" put out 127rwhp on the dyno with the GSX-R 1127 in it. I only remember that number because it was the same as my 05 750 was supposed to be stock at the rear wheel lol. For the record, the Team Suzuki/Yoshimura built Kat 600's were getting 100 or more rwhp around 90-91. With how many Kats were being raced before and even after the first GSX-R600 finally came out (some were still raced after the 92/93 GSX-R600 was released, because it was almost as heavy as the underpowered '93 GSX-R750 and had less power), it is still possible that there could be a few of the ex race bike engines that have made their way to street use. Not very common to find one, but still a small possibility.
          Last edited by Psycho1; 06-17-2012, 02:46 PM.
          John,
          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
          sigpic

Comment

If it make you feel better my son dyno'ed his 98 camry and it had 97.4 horsepower to the wheels.

Comment

honestly, 74 hp at 5K feet of elevation is pretty damn good. It's just not as insane as 100+ hp. On the plus side, I'm less scared of my bike now.

Comment

Originally posted by Noodles View Post
                If it make you feel better my son dyno'ed his 98 camry and it had 97.4 horsepower to the wheels.

Yea i def. Feel better about my bike now,,,i even feel better about my neon lol but that cant be right,,,that dyno had to be screwed up too

Comment

Originally posted by VoltAction View Post
                  honestly, 74 hp at 5K feet of elevation is pretty damn good. It's just not as insane as 100+ hp. On the plus side, I'm less scared of my bike now.
                  Don't be afraid. It's just a kitty kat
                  Extra life.

Comment

Working...
                  X