Bringing a Kat back to life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the tank is a definite no

Comment

The tank is a no period between any models? Dang..

Comment

the 1100 tank ONLY works for the 88-93 1100 (in the US). In other countries like the UK the 1100 was around longer, I wanna say until like 1997.

Comment

Ah I see, but how about the 750 tank? Would a pre 750 fit on a pre 600?

Are there any threads on the parts of these bikes that are interchangeable between years and models? I tried searching but didn't see anything.

Comment

Yes, I own a 600 and a 750 and the tanks are the same for the pre's. The front fairings are also the same and completely interchangeable. The tail sections are not.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
            who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Originally posted by Court93kat View Post
              Yes, I own a 600 and a 750 and the tanks are the same for the pre's. The front fairings are also the same and completely interchangeable. The tail sections are not.
              Thanks! Greatly appreciated! The hunt is on for my parts now!

Comment

Got a question for all you Kat riders. I put a new starter, alternator, and starter relay in my Kat today. My question is, although the carbs and tank are not on the bike yet (still finishing cleaning those as well as painting the tank) should the starter crank when I try? I have the clutch in, key on, kickstand up. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Eskimo10 View Post
                  Got a question for all you Kat riders. I put a new starter, alternator, and starter relay in my Kat today. My question is, although the carbs and tank are not on the bike yet (still finishing cleaning those as well as painting the tank) should the starter crank when I try? I have the clutch in, key on, kickstand up. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? lol

Silly question but, kill switch?

I still do it

Comment

Originally posted by Calaviator View Post
                    Silly question but, kill switch?

I still do it
                    Kill switch is set to run, and the bike is in N so yes the clutch in is not necessary but still done lol.

Comment

Can you hear the starter relay click? If not then you might have knocked a wire loose.

Comment

I haven't even been listening, ill have to go and check that tomorrow. I'm thinking my ignition switch is going on me.

Comment

Ok so I went out and couldn't hear the starter relay click when I pressed the ignition button. However, when I took out the fuse and put it back in I could hear it click. I was able to jump the starter by touching the two starter relay bolts together, so I'm pretty sure I've got some wiring thats cut or something along the lines... time to trace wires... :/

EDIT: Would these following scenarios contribute to the no start from the ignition switch?

-The circuit breaker being dead?
                          -The side stand diode/relay/switch being dead?

One more thing - to remove the oil filter is it necessary to drop the header? Or am I doing something wrong?
                          Last edited by Eskimo10; 03-14-2011, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Nobody knows? Someones got to!
                            Did some searching but the threads I found, didn't exactly answer what I'm trying to figure out, especially the oil filter thing lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Eskimo10 View Post
                              especially the oil filter thing lol.
                              You should be able to get it out; it's a bit tight but it should work. I remember one guy saying his hands were too big and so he was going to get someone else to help :P

I'm sorry but I don't know about your other problems... someone should!

Comment

Originally posted by foxox View Post
                                You should be able to get it out; it's a bit tight but it should work. I remember one guy saying his hands were too big and so he was going to get someone else to help :P

I'm sorry but I don't know about your other problems... someone should!
                                It's incredibly tight! And my hands are small! Which area should I look to be getting it out? I'm confused and frustrated haha

Comment

Working...
                                X