X

Matching up the keys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matching up the keys

Anyone know where I can can an ignition switch, gas cap and seat lock for a Pre 600 all keyed with the same key for a reasonable price?
    I need to do some replacing, but I don't want to fill up my keychain!

just about any locksmith can re-key a tumbler if you bring them to the shop for a reasonable fee

Comment

Do you know where the code is located on the ignition switch if I wanted to get a key for it? I am pretty sure all other locks have the same key.

Comment

Originally posted by methodicreign View Post
        just about any locksmith can re-key a tumbler if you bring them to the shop for a reasonable fee
        Problem is it's probably cheaper for him to find a matching set used online or at a junkyard than pay for that. Locksmiths are expensive

Comment

Ebay has them all the time.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

I had one made by a locksmith for $35. It was alot less than I woulda spent had I bought the parts instead. BTW he came to me.
            Sliminator

Comment

i guess you found a good one. Last time i dealt with a locksmith i was charged $7 for a simple copy of a snowmobile key. It was a very common key blank but no hardware store would touch it because "omfg its a snowmobile"...

Comment

Wow, $7 is definitely high. That's a footlong @ subway and u could get thedrink & chips to go with.
                Sliminator

Comment

AND ID STILL BE HUNGRY!
                  I could eat all you can eat biscuits and gravy with all you can drink pop at a TA truckstop for that though...

Comment

Working...
                  X