X

help on front signal lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on front signal lights

Hey guys, I've been wanting to change my front signal lights, I really like the clear or smoked lenses, but I don't like the price . I was thinking about painting them, has anyone used a black or smoked transparent paint and done this before, I did a search and came up with nothing, I googled it and found that other people have done it to cars and bikes. Just curious to see if anyone has done this and have any pointers, what type of paint, etc. I want to do this and install new mirrors with blinkers in them.

Thanks in advance,

BC
    sigpic
    1998 Katana 750
    2007 Bandit 1250s (RIP)
    1994 Katana 750 (sold)

i painted the tail lights on my focus with vht nightshade. i ordered them through summit racing i think, about 17 bucks a can if im not mistaken. less than half a can did both of my tail lights so 1 can would be plenty for your blinkers.

go to my myspace at: www.myspace.com/cwikkymart

click on my album called the fo-fo (i think) i should have some pics of it there.

basically, i very lightly wet sanded. sprayed on 4-5 coats of nightshade (more or less, depending on the shade you want) then 2-3 layers of clear. after the clear, i put on some meguiar's headlight polish and it turned out pretty good.

also, this is the guide i followed while painting my stuff.

Last edited by cmurdah; 04-04-2010, 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally posted by Slofuze:
    Some people simply talk sh*t because they don't know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, they reproduce.....and why we have sh*t all around us.

Comment

+1 for night shades did this to my lower half of my taillights on my car. you may still beable to see a little amber color show through depending on how many coats you put on (the more coats the darker) but you dont want them so dark that it renders them useless. The stuff holds up really well too
      Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

Hmm I got my sets of smoked signals for under $20/pr shipped. Is that expensive these days?
        Current Bike: 2005 SV1000S K5 Red, 7,xxx miles, Hot Bodies Double Bubble Tinted Screen, Hot Bodies Fender Eliminator, Pirelli Diablo Rossi's, LED Flush Mounts, Front/Side/Rear Sliders, PC-III USB, K&N Air Filter, aTRE Mod, TechSpec Tank Grips, Solo Seat Cowl, Corbin Seat, HEL SS Brake/Clutch Lines.

Working on installing: TPS mod

Anyone who loves their bike uses Rotella T6!

Comment

+2 on nightshades. You can now order through Amazon for less shipping costs than the summit racing site.
          sigpic
          Pepe Bouchard

Comment

I just did mine with vht niteshades and they look good. I got it at apple auto glass for 16 bucks but saw it after at canadian tire in fredericton, about 14 bucks i think.

Comment

Originally posted by brentwoodkris View Post
              Hmm I got my sets of smoked signals for under $20/pr shipped. Is that expensive these days?

where did you get smoked front signals for a Kat for under $20 shipped???? Please, please, please send me a link!!!!

Originally posted by krunchkat99 View Post
              I just did mine with vht niteshades and they look good. I got it at apple auto glass for 16 bucks but saw it after at canadian tire in fredericton, about 14 bucks i think.
              Thanks, I will check at crappy tire!
              Last edited by bcganong; 04-05-2010, 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
              sigpic
              1998 Katana 750
              2007 Bandit 1250s (RIP)
              1994 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

is smoked legal ?

Comment

Working...
                X