X

After market front foot pegs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After market front foot pegs

I wouldn't be posting this question if I didn't spend time searching the existing posts for the answer.

I've recently purchased a set of front pegs for my '88 Kat. The new pegs don't quite fit right when installed. There is alot of play where the pin goes through them. A good 1/8th of an inch. Also there is no way to attach the spring to keep the peg down.

On the old peg there seems to be a sleeve between the peg and the pin with a plate attached that has a hole for the spring in it. I've managed to pop the plate off but can't seem to get the sleeve out (if it's at all possible). It could be that I don't have the right tools to dislodge it.

I've searched through the OEM parts providers at different web sites, studied the pictures and called a local parts provider for answers. None of the pictures show the sleeve/plate. As I also know the pegs for the post 96 are the same I've looked at the diagrams for them as well with no luck. The dealer over the phone wasn't much help because they said the part didn't exist.

I wish I could post pictures of the new pegs and the sleeve/plates that I'm talking about but I don't have the pictures and I'm on a government computer so I can't like the pegs from Ebay.

(added pics)
    The one at the bottom is with the plate removed.
    Last edited by chrisgreer23; 11-09-2009, 05:08 PM. Reason: Add picture
    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    Current project: Un-Katchable
    sigpic

wow

...uh sorry the pics are soooo big. My first pic post -_-
    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    Current project: Un-Katchable
    sigpic

Comment

Only 2 choices i see are sleeves or larger bolts. Depending on size you might try thin wall tubing to make sleeves. I did that to resize my side stand bolt.
      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

I would definitely use a steel sleeve since. the stock and aftermarket pegs are softer aluminum or alloy and need the harder steel bearing, or else they would wear on the pivot much quicker.
        Richard
        96 Suzuki GSX750F
        89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
        05 Yamaha WR450F
        05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X