X

Sport Touring windscreen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sport Touring windscreen?

I have been looking for a larger/wider windscreen for my 1992 Kat GSX 750 F I haven't had much luck.
    Anyone have the same problem or know where I might find one?
    Thanks in advance!
    MichaelBuewolf

I recently installed the Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen. It
    is about 30% taller and 10% wider than the factory screen.
    I think it helps keep the buffeting off my chest which was
    wearing me down. Now the air mostly gets my neck and
    helmet and if I tuck in I can get under the screen for a very
    smooth quiet high-speed ride.

But this is not a touring screen. You still get wind on your
    arms, neck and face. They do make even bigger screens which
    are more touring oriented but they really detract from the sporty
    style of the bike.

I believe a search will yield some useful threads on this topic.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but on long rides I REALLY like having the wind pushing against my chest. It takes some of the pressure off of my wrists. I know if I tuck to the point where the wind is hitting me "squa" in the visor I hate it. You guys look into those robotic windscreen thing-a-ma-jigs?
      Last edited by Free Coffee; 07-21-2009, 01:28 AM.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

You will be very limited in options of a sport-touring screen because of the age of your Kat. However, do a search as this subject has come up a few times.
        How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
          I don't know about you guys, but on long rides I REALLY like having the wind pushing against my chest. It takes some of the pressure off of my wrists. I know if I tuck to the point where the wind is hitting me "squa" in the visor I hate it. You guys look into those robotic windscreen thing-a-ma-jigs?
          The problem is that I commute on the bike and frequently ride behind
          another vehicle. The result is alot of buffeting on the arms and shoulders
          which cause me to have to make small corrections and grip the bars too
          tight.

With a slightly bigger windshield the buffeting gets pushed out and up.
          I still get airflow but it doesn't push me around. On a road with few other
          cars and little wind I agree that the stock windshield is probably fine and
          may even help take a little weight off the wrists if your reach is at the right
          angle (my arms a rather long so I get pushed back more than pushed up).

The Zero Gravity ST shield does have the nice property of getting you
          out of the wind entirely if you get flat on the bike. So if you are into high
          speed runs this is a nice feature. No more pressure up against your helmet.
          Last edited by DimitriT; 07-21-2009, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Sport Touring windscreen

Thanks for the info.
            I may try the ST screen from Zero Gravity. I too ride on I-95 alot. The dirty air from all the trucks and car{caged peeps] kinda buffets me around. Feels kinda silly lying on the gas tank at 70MPH not to mention the bike is still jumping around at times on windy days. It's not bad but, I would like to ride in a better position.
            I talked to the local glass shop owner yesterday to see if he had any ideas. I know that I am messin with the aero of the bike and not sure what or how to design it so it may be best to try the Zero Gravity unit and go from there.
            Wishing, I had access to an oven to form the lexan and a way to test it!
            Anyone know anyone at Hendrick's Motorsports? I'm sure they have access to a wind tunnel. LOL
            In The Wind,
            MichaelBluewolf

Comment

Here's a universal approach to a fixed windshield.

Stop into this area for all things touring related. Get all the info. you need
              on how to prepare for long rides and tours. Whether you're a true iron butt
              or a beginner to long rides, this is where you want to be.
              How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
              How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
              How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
              How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
              X