X

New Solo Cowl!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Solo Cowl!

My new solo cowl came in the mail today!!! I took it straight to the paint shop to have it painted. I will post some pics when it is finished. It took a while to get it but I understand Jim is swamped with orders.

Thanks Jim, I know this is gonna look great!!

Larry

Awesome 1stkat; be sure to post some pics when you get that bad boy on there. Braada cowl's are pretty much must have items for any Kat owner, and once I get some spare "play" money, I'm going to order one as well.

While on that topic, I have a quick question for anyone who feels like responding; should I paint the cowl blue to match the majority of the bike, or white to match the tail section?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Drache
      should I paint the cowl blue to match the majority of the bike, or white to match the tail section?
      Don't cheap out. Go with two-tone. White basecoat with blue stripes to tie in the front of the bike.

Comment

Hmm, that's a good idea Junior. I wonder if I could get kind of a "fade" thing going with the stripes or something... kind of a fade from blue on the front of the cowl to white on the rear... kind of mirroring the paint scheme of the bike itself.

Comment

I think it should be white with a continuation of the light blue stripe thats on the tail, but thats just me.
          Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
          fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
          fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
          girls = yammah
          yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Gah; simultaneous edit and post. That's also a good idea Phoenix_Rising; I just don't know if stripe could be lined up with the cowl. But then again, I suppose it wouldn't have to be... man, I'm glad I've got some time to think this over.

Comment

Originally posted by Drache
              Gah; simultaneous edit and post. That's also a good idea Phoenix_Rising; I just don't know if stripe could be lined up with the cowl. But then again, I suppose it wouldn't have to be... man, I'm glad I've got some time to think this over.
              Here's what I did.

1. Put the cowl on the bike and stand back.
              2. Stare at the bike for 5 mins.
              3. Examine the current lines on the bike and visualize how they would nicely flow onto the new cowl.
              4. Sketch what you think might look good onto the cowl using pencil.
              5. Stand back and stare for another 5 mins.
              6. Repeat steps 3-5 if necessary

I spent and hour trying to get it right but was very happy with the results.

Two-tone is the only way to go on a multi-coloured bike. IMO.

Comment

Hmm. Since both the tail section and bottom fairing are white, maybe I could have the bottom of the cowl white, and the top the same blue as the tank area. Kind of the natural progression of the bike's colors. It's nothing too exotic or anything, but I think it would look nice.

And the more I think about it, the more I agree with you Junior; two-tone is the only way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix_Rising
                  I think it should be white with a continuation of the light blue stripe thats on the tail, but thats just me.
                  I agree! Either a light blue to tie in the stripes, or white with light blue stripes.Oh WTF, just cover it with a large reflective recing number....
                  My sig is boring.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightRider
                    Oh WTF, just cover it with a large reflective recing number....
                    Then I'd be stylin'!

Comment

I'd sure go with the continuation of the white with lt. blue grafixs. Shouldn't be too hard.
                      2005 Aprilia RST1000
                      2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
                      1998 Chevy Tahoe
                      www.midwestguntrader.com

Comment

Thank god my bike is plalin silver !!! No hassle about color when the cowl does come in
                        Guylaine
                        Try and keep up now

Comment

white thats what i am gonna do anyways and maybe a nice blue "s" logo on the top

Comment

You finally get it and then you have to wait to get it painted. I know the pain. But the wait is worth it.

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Drache,
                              My kat looked just like your when I bought it new last August. After looking at lots of KR pics I decided that I wanted it solid blue. I had the front fender, seat fairing, grab bar, and lower farings all painted blue to match the rest of the bike. So...I will have my new cowl painted blue as well. I have put a fender eliminator on and cut of the shovel. Installed clear rear light with integrated turn signals. Smoked wind shield, clear fron turn signals, new diablo's (160/60 on rear), yoshi RS3 slip-on, removed the stock decals and stripes and installed custom decals. She's looking pretty sweet now!

I'll get some pics up as soon as the cowl is installed.

Larry

Comment

Working...
                              X