X

Yokohama Silencer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yokohama Silencer?

When I bought my bike it came with a Yokohama can on it and its ungodly loud. Do they sell something to quiet this thing down so I dont wake everyone within 5 miles when I go to work in the morning!?

Try searching for a repack kit for it.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Sorry I meant Yoshimura... Its been a long day haha.

Comment

I knew that....lol. you can repack it.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran

Comment

But is it going to quiet it down enough for me to even look into?
          You can hear me about 3-4 blocks away with me going easy on it so im not even close to stealth.

Comment

Chances are,yes. The packing in yours is probably worn down to nothing. You could take the can apart to check it but, yoshi pipes aren't real loud at normal RPM.
            Last edited by 92xjunker; 11-08-2014, 09:53 PM.
            spammer police
            USAF veteran

Comment

Hey for ~40 bucks it might just be worth looking into because right now its ungodly loud.

Comment

I have a Yosh RS on my FZ1 and it is relatively quiet compared to other pipe I hear around me. Obviously louder than stock but very reasonable.

Comment

You should be able to find replacement packing for around $15-$20. The brand doesn't matter since it's just fiberglass matting. You will need a drill and rubber mallet to take it apart and rivets and a rivet gun to put it back together. Yoshimura has a good video on their website showing how to repack the can. http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/content/...-repacking.asp
                  Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                  HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Here is a quick cell phone video to see how loud even a few thousand revs sounds.

Comment

there is a silencer insert that bolts in the end
                      It makes a big difference IMO
                      Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

It is possible that it was removed, not all yoshi cans have them.
                        spammer police
                        USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                          It is possible that it was removed, not all yoshi cans have them.
                          Looks like the exact same can as mine

the silencer tip out of my B12 is on the work bench LOL
                          With it in I find it a little too quiet , out a little too loud but the better IMO

I have heard of guys drilling extra holes to tune the sound to preference
                          Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

spammer police
                            USAF veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimura Website Link
                              "Unlike their OEM counterparts, Yoshimura Road mufflers need to be repacked every 7,000 - 10,000 miles, while Off-road mufflers need to be repacked every 6-8 hours of use, or after 2 race motos, whichever comes first."
                              I didn't know that...I guess I should probably get a repack kit and do both of mine. It is pretty loud right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X